Review - Skelwith Fold Ambleside Cumbria

Just had three nights here on a fully service pitch. The park is a beautiful place with many walks in easy reach. Facilities were immaculate even to the extent of a trust Library. The road to the site is narrow but the chap opposite me got there with a Range Rover and Buccaneer clipper so if he can do it with that there is nothing to fear.  

Highly recomend and intend to go again. Perfect for Windermere and Bo’ness.

looks really nice bit expensive if i am reading it correctly £47. 40 a night ? s/pitch high season £37 low,, i am going keswick next week ccc site full service £30 low season its all i could get, no normal pitches left, ,never is, , 

Edited by robf1234

Used to be our favourite site - so much so that we bought a static caravan there and used it for 10 years before we returned to touring. We have been there a number of times recently with our tourer but no longer go for a few reasons. 1. We have done it all before, 2. Price, as mentioned above it is now very expensive. And 3. Pretty much all the pitches are hard standing with no or very little grass. The main area at the back of the site is very popular but is like pitching in a car park - albeit a very pretty car park.

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.