Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Janfolk

Gas checks for statics

Recommended Posts

I’ve only had my static caravan for 10mths and the gas check will be due soon.

can I ask if there’s something like homecare for caravans. Where by you pay monthly and this takes care of all your repairs etc

thanks in advance 👍🏻😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've altered the post title to relect your query and will move it to the Static Section.

Have you tried asking the site owners?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the downsides to owning a static is that the site owners will block outside trades from coming onto site, forcing you to use their own or preferred suppliers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Honk said:

One of the downsides to owning a static is that the site owners will block outside trades from coming onto site, forcing you to use their own or preferred suppliers.

 

 

That is a rather sweeping statement - not where we are they don't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TedNewman said:

That is a rather sweeping statement - not where we are they don't

The static industry is not known for honest open business practices and there will be some who buck the trend, overall though, my statement is valid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Honk said:

The static industry is not known for honest open business practices and there will be some who buck the trend, overall though, my statement is valid.

If you had said ''some'' I could have accepted your statement HOWEVER We have two ''statics'' one in Cornwall and one in Sussex and at both we can use who we like for maintenance and repairs!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TedNewman said:

If you had said ''some'' I could have accepted your statement HOWEVER We have two ''statics'' one in Cornwall and one in Sussex and at both we can use who we like for maintenance and repairs!

 

You are in the lucky minority, long may it last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/06/2018 at 12:35, Janfolk said:

I’ve only had my static caravan for 10mths and the gas check will be due soon.

can I ask if there’s something like homecare for caravans. Where by you pay monthly and this takes care of all your repairs etc

thanks in advance 👍🏻😊

yes i use Scottish gas for mine yearly check and repairs in the price but starts of cheap and goes up in price over the years but great if anything happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/06/2018 at 12:35, Janfolk said:

I’ve only had my static caravan for 10mths and the gas check will be due soon.

can I ask if there’s something like homecare for caravans. Where by you pay monthly and this takes care of all your repairs etc

thanks in advance 👍🏻😊

Unless it is in the site conditions or you rent out the static an annual gas check is not compulsory (although advisable) I had  statics for over 20 years and only ever had one problem with a boiler (PCB, cost £250 to replace) ) so I would not bother with a service agreement even if you can find one. Just put, say £15 to£20/month on one side to cover for putting something right. I had the last static for almost 9 years and never had a problem with the boiler. My inspection was about £65 and I had it carried out every 2 years.

Edited by terve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...