Staplehurst caravan storage

Hi, we store owe caravan at Staplehurst caravan site in Kent  , we was away Friday 25 may - 29 may  as we arrived the main approach Road has been closed for 10 weeks, we had a few trips planned but because of the surrounding roads  being mainly single track & other roads being ( through marden)  very congested we will probably cancel, just though I would let others know as their is approx 400 caravans stored, Pete 

Where exactly is the road closure dustypete?  I normally leave via Marden Rd to join the A229 Station road at the traffic lights. According to Kent highways there are road works but no road closures. As I come from the Maidstone direction (solo) when I check the caravan I enter via Clapper lane so don't actually pass the road works but there's no way I would take my 'van back along that lane. I'm due to go away in a couple of weeks time.

Hi chrisbee, I was in a rush last night when I posted this topic, I’ll have a look on google earth later & let you know, pete 

Chribee, sorry don’t know the road numbers but coming from Maidstone over the railway bridge near staplehurst train station which is station road at the traffic lights the turning on the right is marden road that’s where the road is closed, we followed the diversion signs which took us through marden & along marden rd to the storage site, not very pleasent 

Complain to Maidstone council 

Cheers for that Pete. That's the route I would normally take. Will have to check out the diversion solo before I collect the 'van.

We live very close to there and when we  take our caravan out to the main road we go via Battle Lane, It's a quiet road so you don't meet much coming the other way and there are regular passing places.

Mike

• 4 months later...

Just seen this, we all store there I would be interested in peoples routes to the major roads of the area eg. M20/M25

Thanks

Warren

Living close to there, the low risk exit to the motorways is out to the Staplehurst cross roads and up to the motorways via Maidstone. As stated above, going through Marden would be a nightmare, you could go through Yalding onto Seven Mile Lane but there is a narrow bridge at Yalding or you could use Goudhurst onto the A21 but again there are a number of quite tight spots.  I use Battle Lane onto the B2079 and then up to Maidstone.