Sign in to follow this  
Bunce

Reich Easydriver Active model?

I realise its only just been released on to the market, but has anybody managed to get hold of, or had any experience with the Reich Easydriver Active 1. 8 manual engagement model yet?  It appears to be an update on the earlier Basic model, and looks a very neat affair complete with lots of galvanised parts and a 5 year warranty.   German made, so should be good, and  my Service Engineer has told me he could supply and fit one for £935 but there are a lot of orders for them already.   He has recommended Reich rather than the Powrtouch range, although I realise that Powrtouch almost have a monopoly in the UK. I like German engineered stuff, so I'm a bit biased.   I've never had a mover before, but having had several difficult pitches to reverse on to, with everything from hedges to other people cars and vans opposite me, I thought a mover would make life much easier! Any advice would be welcome.

4 hours ago, Bunce said:

I realise its only just been released on to the market, but has anybody managed to get hold of, or had any experience with the Reich Easydriver Active 1. 8 manual engagement model yet?  It appears to be an update on the earlier Basic model, and looks a very neat affair complete with lots of galvanised parts and a 5 year warranty.   German made, so should be good, and  my Service Engineer has told me he could supply and fit one for £935 but there are a lot of orders for them already.   He has recommended Reich rather than the Powrtouch range, although I realise that Powrtouch almost have a monopoly in the UK. I like German engineered stuff, so I'm a bit biased.   I've never had a mover before, but having had several difficult pitches to reverse on to, with everything from hedges to other people cars and vans opposite me, I thought a mover would make life much easier! Any advice would be welcome.

I shall be very interested in a Reich as our Pwrtouch Evo Auto has been giving us problems nearly everytime we use it, and would never buy another, there seems to be a weakness in the activation motors, the drive motors have been fine

4 hours ago, Bunce said:

I have 2 Reich manual movers both 100% reliable

On 30/05/2018 at 11:22, Bunce said:

Hi folks. Well this is an update on my own post of 12 months ago. I finally decided to go for the Reich Easydriver Active 1.8 model, and so far its been excellent. Its an extremely neat piece of kit, with everything  hidden away from the elements in a tough weatherproof housing.  The workings are all galvanised as well for long life. Now that I've been using it for a while, I'm glad I went for the manual engagement system, as its really simple and quick to use.  There really is no need to spend the extra money for the electric engagement version, as this is so quick and no effort is required at all. On the side of the mover is a standard 19mm hub. The same size as your corner steadies. I use a cordless drill with a 19mm adaptor to lower the steadies, so all I do is engage the same drill and adaptor with this hub, press the trigger and within 6 seconds the mover is engaged with the tyres. Simple, effective and effortless! It can be engaged from either side of the van as with other movers, so no problems there.  The mover comes with a 5 year warranty, which I'm hoping won't ever be needed. Its made in Germany, and when I contacted Reich to ask a couple of questions before ordering one, their UK office responded immediately and were most helpful. My query with them was regarding the 5 year warranty, and they told me they use members of the Mobile Caravan Engineers Association for warranty work in the UK, or I could use the dealer who installed it for me. All are trained on the product. If you are on holiday in Europe, they have a network of dealers across Europe who will come to your aid.   I registered for the 5 year warranty online with Reich.  Well I hope this information is of use to anybody who is considering a Reich motormover. The You Tube video in this link shows the "Basic" model which has now been replaced by the "Active" which is the model I have. The engagement is the same though, and it shows how quick and simple it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnvTL8dVEEg

We have the Easydriver 2.8 4WD.

This model seems more powerful than our previous year 2006 4WD Reich Move Control although the soft start is not as sensitive for wheel lock alignment.

The Easydriver is more aggressive on turns but if a certain combination of buttons are pressed the turns are more gradual.

16 hours ago, Griff said:

We have the Easydriver 2.8 4WD.

This model seems more powerful than our previous year 2006 4WD Reich Move Control although the soft start is not as sensitive for wheel lock alignment.

The Easydriver is more aggressive on turns but if a certain combination of buttons are pressed the turns are more gradual.

Hi Griff, thanks for your comments.  I've not had a mover before, so I have nothing to compare the 1.8 Active with, but I use it to line up the wheel for fitting the Alko Secure wheel lock, and have not had a problem, finding I can control it OK. I'm sure most forum members know the receiving hole has got to be exactly in the middle to get the bolt in the hole, and before I had the mover it was me pushing the van, and my wife calling out when it was central. We never seemed to get it right first time, so the mover has been brilliant as I can now watch it myself.  I also found hitching up easier, and once again have found it to be quite precise, managing to get the hitch over the ball first time without ramming my back bumper! Ours is a single axle van, so whether your soft start issue is due to the fact you have four movers all working at once, I don't know?  I'm still a mover novice at the moment, but I'm beginning to love it already!

Sign in to follow this