Problem with filling internal water tank

Patricia100

I have a 2012 Luna Clubman which I have owned for a couple of years.   I was preparing it for our first outing for this season and decided to start by sterilizing the internal water tank, pipe and containers.   I did the normal, closed the water valve (the yellow switch), hooked up the pump and switched on the external pump; but instead of filling the internal water tank the water just kept escaping out through the overflow.  

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening?  I am at a complete loss.

sounds like the switch is not closing, try switching it on & off a few times it may just be not closing properly 

Edited by kiters61

Coachman Platinum Pastiche 560/4

Santa Fe Premium 2. 2 CRDi manual 7 seat

Kampa Air Ace 400

Thanks, but that was what I was hoping but that hasn't worked.   However, I'll trying working the switch some more just to be sure before I end up having to book it in for repair.  

15 hours ago, Patricia100 said:

I did the normal, closed the water valve (the yellow switch), hooked up the pump and switched on the external pump; but instead of filling the internal water tank the water just kept escaping out through the overflow.  

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening?  I am at a complete loss.

Could it be that the yellow drain valve is stuck shut and your onboard tank is actually still full of last year's water? If so adding more water will cause an overflow.

Just a thought . . .

Gordon

3 hours ago, Gordon said:

Could it be that the yellow drain valve is stuck shut and your onboard tank is actually still full of last year's water? If so adding more water will cause an overflow.

Just a thought . . .

Gordon

Thanks for your reply, but no, I definitely  drained the on board tank.   However, if the tank was full then the pump just stops until water is drained off via the taps etc then it automatically tops up.

Hi Just looked at the Lunar wiring diagram witch shows a solaniod and some form of senser that way indicate the tank water level ie 1/4  1/2 3/4   and full 

So could be the solaniod stuck open or the level indictors need cleaning  or control panel fault

Couple of questions -

1. Clubmans from 2015 onwards dont have an onboard cold water tank, just the hot water tank with the yellow open/closed drain tap. Is this the tank you are talking about?

2. When you say the water keeps escaping through the overflow, do you mean through the pipe under the caravan or is it beside where you plug in the pipe from the aquaroll?

Let us know and I'll try to help.

• 1 month later...
On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 17:57, Patricia100 said:

I have a 2012 Luna Clubman which I have owned for a couple of years.   I was preparing it for our first outing for this season and decided to start by sterilizing the internal water tank, pipe and containers.   I did the normal, closed the water valve (the yellow switch), hooked up the pump and switched on the external pump; but instead of filling the internal water tank the water just kept escaping out through the overflow.  

I have the same model of Clubman and this also happened to me.   Apparently the yellow valve can sometimes stick so you need to open and close a couple of times.   Also, it's possible that to press the valve down too hard, just gently lower the valve.   If that doesn't work, press it all the way in the opposite direction (that worked for me).  Hope this helps.