Sign in to follow this  
wombal

Electrolux 3 way fridge not working on hookup

Hi can someone please help me out, my Electrolux  3 way fridge wont work on hook up but the green light is on however once you turn the temp knob the green light goes out. I checked all the fuses but all seem fine I have it going of the gas at the moment but really would prefer it working of hookup  any ideas much appreciated. thanks in advance 

Wombal, there's a lot of Electolux fridges out there of different types, so a model number or even photo could help.

If you're getting a green light the fuse shouldn't be the problem.

Is it new to you, or have you had it working recently?

John

If the green light goes out when you try to adjust the temperature, perhaps the thermostat for the electrical side of the fridge has failed, and it thinks it is already cold enough? Did the green light go on and off with the thermostat, when it worked correctly?

It sounds as if the heater might have  gone.

If OK on gas and 12volt then the heater is suspect, least that's what happened to mine.

Not expensive, about £45 methinks.

Wombal, there's a lot of Electolux fridges out there of different types, so a model number or even photo could help.

If you're getting a green light the fuse shouldn't be the problem.

Is it new to you, or have you had it working recently?

John

Hi john no its not new to me I have had it working but that was last season. like I said earlier I had it going on gas today and I just turned it off Gas and tried the electric and for some reason now the green light stays on when I turn the thermostat ? very funny that, cheers to you for your time  I will keep an eye on it and see if it has sorted its self out some how 

thanks to you all for your help just to let you know how its gone. After butting it on the Gas for about 4 hours I just switched it back to Electric and It seems to be holding up ? will keep an eye on it see how it goes, thanks again to you all much appreciated 

HI just an up date on the fridge its not suddenly started to work "OK" again I think it was wishful thinking on my behalf it still wont come on once I turn the numbered dial to 1 the light goes out immediately. any help on this most appreciated.