Hi

I look after an elderly aunt who is now in a wheel chair.

i need advice or help in what Tow car that is wheelchair freindly, can carry two dogs, and has a towing limit of 2000 kg, i would like to go down the used route . Can any one  advise on a suitable vehicle. Your help will be appreciated

Thanks

Mike

KIA SORENTO KX3 2012 Bailey Pageant Limousin SERIES 7 1700 kg

volvo xc70 D5 se

SsangYong Turismo? Big enough for the dogs, not too high to get in and out of and has the towing capacity.

2019 Adria Adora Thames

Volvo XC60. D5. 5 cyl, 2400cc, 220hp, Auto, AWD, Towing Capacity 2000kg.

Loads of “grunt” for towing a big van and remarkably economical, plus Euro6 without using AdBlue.  

Thanks for the reply . Son number 2 Is getting a new Xc60 next month so will have s look 

Thanks

KIA SORENTO KX3 2012 Bailey Pageant Limousin SERIES 7 1700 kg

volvo xc70 D5 se

My Touareg is for sale 2014 38500 miles on the clock.  It'll tow anything legal and is a dream to drive.  Plenty of room inside and considering it's a 3. 0 l it does well on mpg.

• Like 1

John

Ford Galaxy, Seat Alhambra, or VW Sharan has 5 rear seats that can fold into the floor, which frees up lots of storage space. Postively van like, yet a good drive solo.

Have used all three Ford Galaxy Sharan and now Seat Alhambra with stroke victim 86 6 foot 4 inches paralysed on left side wheelchair bound.

All were perfectly adequate for getting him in to the front passenger seat.

Seat 2 litre 130 up diesel kerb weight is 1880 K other 2 are similar so a bit below 2000K.

If auntie has to travel in wheelchair then a mini bus may suffice. Most makers do a small mini bus so no need to go Transit size.

• Like 1

Is your aunt wheelchair bound or a wheelchair chair user who could get herself, with a bit of help, in and out of a car?

I'm guessing from your reply about the Volvo that she's the latter.  

But if you need a used wheelchair accessible vehicle there are plenty of independent dealers like these who have ex motobility cars and vans at fairly reasonable prices 

https://www. ransomemobility. co. uk/?gclid=CjwKCAjw8r_XBRBkEiwAjWGLlOLOACd3foLqn6wFubBRBhrI3qKfQV7o-1gMIahsYLnTLlvtZyJZqBoCcEEQAvD_BwE

http://www. affordablecarsofkent. co. uk/ex-motability

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Mercedes-Benz vito dual liner would be a good car as she wouldn't have to collapse the wheelchair to get it into the car, nice low entrance and loading height and still have plenty of room for the dogs.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a wheelchair, have a pram and six children and a dog. These all fit nicely in a Hyundai i800. I can recommend the earlier manual (5 speed no rear wiper) these are 175ps and pull a Pegasus 646 twin axle fully loaded no problem. The new i800 has 136ps engine and six speed box  and the lack of power is very noticeable,  the automatic version has the more powerful engine and better performance. I hope this helps you! 

• Thanks 1