Sign in to follow this  
BigMacBushcraft

Mystery Switches

Caravan is a Elddis 1996 Furicano GTX.

Can anyone tell me what these (attached images) turn on please? Don't appear to do anything as far as I can tell.
One is just on the left inside the door and the other is on the wall, right side of the sink.

Thanks in advance :)

inside door on left.jpg

right side of sink.jpg

Edited by BigMacBushcraft
spelling :)

27 minutes ago, BigMacBushcraft said:

Caravan is a Elddis 1996 Furicano GTX.

Can anyone tell me what these (attached images) turn on please? Don't appear to do anything as far as I can tell.
One is just on the left inside the door and the other is on the wall, right side of the sink.

Thanks in advance :)

inside door on left.jpg

right side of sink.jpg

If they are not quoted in your owners manual then they will be aftermarket fitted by one of the owners, so thoughts are, could one near door be a courtesy light and the one near to sink be night light?

Are you able to see where the wires go from behind the panel?

2 minutes ago, kiaboy said:

If they are not quoted in your owners manual then they will be aftermarket fitted by one of the owners, so thoughts are, could one near door be a courtesy light and the one near to sink be night light?

Are you able to see where the wires go from behind the panel?

Thanks for the reply. They look factory fitted, same colour of plastic as the rest of the electrics.
Can't see where the cables go unfortunately.
There is a light over the sink which has its own switch, same for porch light, has its own switch and red indicator to show it is on.
The porch light is of a similar design to the 'mystery switches' with the addition of a red indicator.

Thanks
ATB
Mac

The switch does not have to be factory fitted as it can be bought from any dealer.

2 minutes ago, oldboy said:

The switch does not have to be factory fitted as it can be bought from any dealer.

Good point. I just meant that they looked like the same design as the rest.
No worries, everything else works as it is supposed to.
ATB
Mac

We have a 1998 Lunar Appolo and we have 2 of these switches, one on each side of the front seat corner. One is for the electric water heater and the other is for a night light that is low down near the toilet door. Both are from the 12v supply.

Hope that helps.  

Edited by Carcol92
  • Thanks 1

On 14/05/2018 at 16:11, Carcol92 said:

We have a 1998 Lunar Appolo and we have 2 of these switches, one on each side of the front seat corner. One is for the electric water heater and the other is for a night light that is low down near the toilet door. Both are from the 12v supply.

Hope that helps.  

Thanks for the info. I have discovered that the switch by the door turns on the first strip light in the van, still not idea what the other does but I am guessing it may turn on the toilet light. Will find out when I have replaced the old tube lights with LED's :)
Thanks again to everyone for the info and advise on here.
ATB
Mac

On our 1998 Herald (a re-badged Compass) the first switch by the door functioned as a lighting 'master' - leave the individual lights on before going out in the evening and switch them off as you leave / back on when arriving home after dark as soon as the door is open.

Their was a similar facility at the entrance to the end wash room. That one isolated ceiling and over sink lights.

Note that they weren't '2 way' switches, just isolation. If they were off all the lights in that end of the van were off regardless of the position of individual switches.

Jim

We had a 1997 Elddis Ex300 Mistral which had 2 switches exactly like those.   The one at the entrance door was to turn on a strip light when entering the van at night and the other was the external light switch for the toilet.   PM me if you'd like a PDF copy of the circuit diagram as, IIRC, most Elddis ranges of that period used very similar electrical layouts.

• Thanks 1