Jump to content

Dreadful customer service from Coachman Caravans


Message added by CT Advertising,

CoachmanEach Coachman caravan is built to our exacting standards using state-of-the-art construction methods and materials and finished with the highest levels of specification and features.

We strive to move forward in our quest to create the perfect caravan.
Visit Coachman.co.uk for further details.

Recommended Posts

Coachman have been very good in my recent complaint about Dometic customer services, My dealer has also been very good in pushing them. But sadly Dometic Customer service department are absolutely useless, it's about time Coachman cut their ties with this manufacturer, and went back to Thetford, where they leave Dometic standing. I have noticed most if not all dealers stock spares for Thetford, but I see no spares for Dometic. Their lead times getting warranty spares out to dealers/end users is appalling. The caravan industry falls far short compared with the car industry. 

 

I would never buy another caravan with any Dometic appliances in it. Lets hope Coachman have listened to the complaints made direct and via social media, or they could be next   :rolleyes:

  • I agree completely 1

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

 

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No response from Mr Hibbs is perfectly normal in my experience.   Quite apart from my own several emails, even when my (then) dealer discussed my issues directly face to face at the NEC and

We all know it’s the correct procedure to speak first to the supplying dealer, after all they are responsible and no one else. By speaking first to another company you are likely to offend the dealer

Or the original buyer was so "brassed-off" with it, they dumped it as soon as they could?   Most of us I suspect are like ourselves, if we actually get a good one it is a "keeper".

Posted Images

11 hours ago, kiaboy said:

Coachman have been very good in my recent complaint about Dometic customer services, My dealer has also been very good in pushing them. But sadly Dometic Customer service department are absolutely useless, it's about time Coachman cut their ties with this manufacturer, and went back to Thetford, where they leave Dometic standing. I have noticed most if not all dealers stock spares for Thetford, but I see no spares for Dometic. Their lead times getting warranty spares out to dealers/end users is appalling. The caravan industry falls far short compared with the car industry. 

 

I would never buy another caravan with any Dometic appliances in it. Lets hope Coachman have listened to the complaints made direct and via social media, or they could be next   :rolleyes:

Dometic should stick to fridges and Thetford should stick to toilets.  The Thetford fridge we had a in a previous caravan constantly went faulty and the replacement PC board cost in excess of £140.  So many Thetford fridges went faulty across all brands that now some enterprising person is refurbishing them and selling them on at half the price.  The Dometic toilet innards were replaced twice within 3 years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

firstly wandahome is where we got our coachman from and they are useless they never checked anything on our van & we had loads of issues .after contacting coachman they allowed us to use a local repair centre .as I lost all confidence in .wandahome. but after coachman did a rubbish rear panel repair (no new panel ) after it suffered stress cracks after nearly three years. then to be repaired 4 more times under warranty at new service centre .to no avail .and lots of emails to coachman not answered .you get to realise they don’t care .so keep an eye on these rear panels .

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, richard perrins said:

firstly wandahome is where we got our coachman from and they are useless they never checked anything on our van & we had loads of issues .after contacting coachman they allowed us to use a local repair centre .as I lost all confidence in .wandahome. but after coachman did a rubbish rear panel repair (no new panel ) after it suffered stress cracks after nearly three years. then to be repaired 4 more times under warranty at new service centre .to no avail .and lots of emails to coachman not answered .you get to realise they don’t care .so keep an eye on these rear panels .

Could I ask, is the Wandahome you are referring to at Knottingley or South Cave?

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

 

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just going to say this again and don't want it to create an argument but, I have always had great service from Coachman. Not that I have needed it much, particularly my present van. This is said just to balance the opinions here :D 

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

www.pennplanning.co.uk

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2020 at 22:01, kiaboy said:

Could I ask, is the Wandahome you are referring to at Knottingley or South Cave?

 

         I have had very helpful service from Wandahome KNOTTINGLEY who supplied our Wanderer 450/2  -  no complaints here.    John.

 

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leedslad said:

 

         I have had very helpful service from Wandahome KNOTTINGLEY who supplied our Wanderer 450/2  -  no complaints here.    John.

 

I have had 3 new caravans from them. That's why I was asking the question as I too like you have had very good service from Knottingley, I can only say when I had waited a long time for replacement parts, under warranty and then contacting them, I found it was always the supplier dragging their heals and never Wandahome, Claire and Penny and even Gareth  have provided excellent support. 

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

 

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 for excellent service from Knottingley.

 

Our new VIP had electrical gremlins. We phoned them up, booked it in and when we arrived, an engineer looked at the problem while we were still there, then swapped out a faulty control panel there and then. We were in, repaired and away in 15mins.

We have  couple of vans (all Coachman) from them and nothing but first class service. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

spoke to elliot from coachman at show last one before covid .& I was asking him about problems with our vision rear panel which cracked at just over three years old it’s a 2014 .it went back to coachman for six weeks .no new panel just two extra caps .4 months later cracked again .welded . few months later .cracked further up.i asked him why no new panel .his reply .its hard to fit a new panel .then smiled and said .buy a new caravan i said why is five years a normal caravan life ..still waiting .they are a waste of space . keep a beady eye on the rear panel .

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most caravan manufacturers have learnt their lesson with ABS panels and they are now a thing of the past (Which is stuff all use to those with caravans of an age that STILL have them of course) 

 

Has anyone tried having a panel repaired by the mobile guys who advertise car bumper repairs?? Just a thought ! 

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

I think most caravan manufacturers have learnt their lesson with ABS panels and they are now a thing of the past

Coachman and Elddis still have this lesson to learn. Swift have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I found Trevor Baxter was the best coachman had .he arranged for all the niggles we had with our new vision .i told him I didn’t have any faith in wandahome knottingly.and he sorted out somewhere else to take it he even let us have a outside electric point installed free as a goodwill gesture .mathew Yates is rubbish .i find him arrogant a poor replacement for Trevor.and when I spoke recently at last show to Elliot .about our stress crack problems he smiled & said buy-a new coachman caravan .i said do they only last 5 years then for £18 .500.i won’t buy another .as I’ve said coachman owners keep an eye on rear panels .they WILL crack after two or three years. that’s a certainty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, richard perrins said:

 .as I’ve said coachman owners keep an eye on rear panels .they WILL crack after two or three years. that’s a certainty.

 

Surely that’s a compelling  reason to not buy one? 

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

Link to post
Share on other sites

All this poor quality is putting me off,  I nearly dived in feet first but thanks to this great forum I held back a big purchase of a new van (first one)  out of interest are there any vans that don't crack 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Davey17,

I have had lots of new caravans over the years and had no problems with most of them but unfortunately a few with problems and one so bad it needed to be rejected,  if you read all the forums it will put you off all manufacturers. Truth is unfortunately an element of luck is involved in new caravans being problem free or having problem, but having access to a good dealer or service centre is the key to ensuring any problems are resolved quickly with minimum stress. Try not to be put off.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I emailed the new customer service manager for help in getting AL-KO to get my axle repaired a few weeks ago under warranty, he never replied, I now feel as the older generation move on the younger ones have no idea of customer service. AL-KO and Coachman are now at the bottom of my list of reliable companies. When you spend 28k + on a van and its off the road after its first service due to poor quality control of a manufacturer and they do not give a toss, it is time to rethink who you use next time, a company is only as good as how they respond to issues.  I do not think I will be having another on my drive after this one.  

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

 

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is, today's managers/executives/directors, now come straight out of university (another word for school), and they are not learnt people skills.  This should be mandatory learning before being allowed on any shop floor or any interaction with workers at all levels from the junior to the Managing Director.  They should show self respect

  • Like 1
  • I agree completely 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s hard to get service responses from many companies at the moment,due to most saying it’s because of Covid,people off work,working from home etc.  Some genuine,others using it as an excuse.

Avviva car insurance couldn’t supply me a green card for Europe,because no one was in the office to print one off!!!

Trip cancelled,so I don’t need it now, damn virus!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the no response to emails the new normal in my company. Sometimes it can be best to use the phone.

 

This is from some managers as well. If they dont respond I use instant messenger to prod them a bit, as you can see if they are online.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Or reading threads like this we bought a Swift instead of Coachman or Elddis .

 

So, brand image is damaged by alleged poor service feedback on forums like this and yes it affects sales. Lunar learned this lesson the hard way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Babstreefern said:

The thing is, today's managers/executives/directors, now come straight out of university (another word for school), and they are not learnt people skills.  This should be mandatory learning before being allowed on any shop floor or any interaction with workers at all levels from the junior to the Managing Director.  They should show self respect

Years ago too many too remember on shift at work ( a brewery great place too work and not just for the benefits ) we had a A F I ( academic f#@#>< idiot ) working with use who thought it was a good idea to attract our attention by whistling us any how after having a little conversation about the whistling and not being a dog and i think he would prefer his teeth as they were at the start  of the shift he ended up a good lad fast forward to 25 years later and the new managing director of said company come in to introduce himself to every one ,yes you guess correctly the same A F I who went on to be top dog at Bass brewers . PS he thanked me for putting him on the right track . 

now retired and loving it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...