Sign in to follow this  
Macie Chapkins 640 6

Shower door won't close

The shower door in my caravan will not stay closed. I know the magnetic strip needs changing but the doors won't align correctly for the strip to stick. I have taken the doors off and tried to realign but without success. The last owners put a clip on the door to stop them from swinging open but it doesn't work once your inside the shower. Does anybody have any advice about the doors or know where I can get another set of these clips from so I can put a set on the inside? Thanks

20180422_165858.jpg

Without seeing for one's self, it's difficult to diagnose, however it seems that the hinge side of the door is not hanging in the same plane as the opposite side of the frame.    I would suggest taking out all the fixing screws except one, then twisting the hinge side of the door until the closing side aligns with the frame.    With it held in position, the hinge side should be refixed in its new position.     Silicone sealing strip will need to be reapplied.