Sign in to follow this  
Hair Bear

Awning repairer wanted

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get an awning bead repaired or replaced in the Hampshire / Surrey / Berkshire area please?

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, Hair Bear said:

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get an awning bead repaired or replaced in the Hampshire / Surrey / Berkshire area please?

There's a camping shop with their workshop behind it in Walton on Thames main road.   I've used them a couple of times over the years, both times to have a piece inserted in an awning.   Both times charges have been reasonable and prompt.   See their website:  http://citcamping. co. uk/awning-tent-repair/

What make awning?

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

The awning is an Inaca Sands 250.   I believe the bead length is about 8m.   It looks almost unused apart from the  bead strip being damaged in 3 places, I guess it's been used on a van with a sharp edge that has teased into the strip each time it's been fitted.   It didn't cost anything so may be worth a repair.

Triopair

I gave CIT Camping a call, they've quoted me £60 to replace an 8m bead. I think that is quite reasonable. Downside is a 5 week lead time but I'm in no hurry.

Does that seem a fair price?

I purchased a little tool called a speedy stitcher  £18 from a marine chandler it let’s you stitch from one side, comes with exceptional strong waxed string,  I redid my peg tabs on my Isabella, Makes it easy watch a utube video, there’s lots on eBay but I wanted reassured it was genuine great £18 it can do leather so awnings no probs 

Gerry Reynolds awnings in Newmarket did a fabulous job for me, including collection from home via courier and delivery back afterwards, stuck to the quoted price and almost undetectable repair/alteration.

Definitely worth a call on 01638 668837.  

No connection other than as an extremely satisfied customer

Gerry Reynolds replaced two zips and small repair arranged collection and return really helpful well recommend as Coriolis said definitely worth a call

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions, I went with CIT as they were fairly local. Dropped it off on the 2/6, and got a call on the 25th to say it was ready. As it came free with the caravan but with a damaged bead this is the first time we've put it up and looking at the work they have done a superb job, even put a couple of small patches on the roof where there was some marks. They didn't deviate from the quote, £60 all done.

454520741_Inacaawning1.thumb.jpg.b2354e18c2288c35490632b991c98460.jpg

We hadn't a clue if it was all there - it appears to be complete, a little more time and finesse would get it square and level, but at 2. 6m wide it looks huge in comparison to the 'van. Is 2. 6m a normal width or would it encourage an extra charge?

91456628_Inacaawning2.thumb.jpg.66ef4fc7db9e652b0e5e2de0b3f551d6.jpg

All I need now is to replace one adjuster wingnut and find storm straps with the correct buckle.

1414257607_Inacaawning3.thumb.jpg.38f5b6269d7aca3f752343fa54c58d69.jpg