Sign in to follow this  
Nogger

HelpTruma Combi electrical problems

Presently on site having trouble with my combi truma heating and water heater . both will work on gas only.   but not on mix or electric only. Checked fuses they are ok . everything else electric is working . Any ideas please 

Have you checked the trips?

6 minutes ago, Stevan said:

Have you checked the trips?

Yes they seem ok thanks 

You say everything else electric works but do you mean 12V or mains 240V? Do the mains sockets work? Also there are no fuses on the mains 240V except in the plug tops. Only trips.

So if 240V is live to the van, the sockets work but not the water and truma heating, then I think the trip is faulty, assuming you have checked the plug top fuses with a multimeter.

Isn't there a small (red) reset button somewhere on the Truma boiler?

You've turned the heating on by the switch near the fuse box? Does the control panel indicate a fault code? 

4 hours ago, WispMan said:

You say everything else electric works but do you mean 12V or mains 240V? Do the mains sockets work? Also there are no fuses on the mains 240V except in the plug tops. Only trips.

So if 240V is live to the van, the sockets work but not the water and truma heating, then I think the trip is faulty, assuming you have checked the plug top fuses with a multimeter.

Plug sockets are fine . trips look ok .  I'm not a sparky so I'm limited to what I can do Wispman thank you 

3 hours ago, GaryB1969 said:

Isn't there a small (red) reset button somewhere on the Truma boiler?

Can't se one 

3 hours ago, Mk2Chopper said:

You've turned the heating on by the switch near the fuse box? Does the control panel indicate a fault code? 

I have always controlled the heating from the control box 

Thanks all . it's working fine now. All I have done was to turn off the mains leave for 20min or so turn back on and it seems to be ok .