Changing a kitchen tap

Sterling 550

Hi all. We have a sterling europa 550 lux 2010 and we absolutely love it, however we have been looking at newer vans and the wife has decided that she would like  a more modern kitchen tap! Among with other little upgrades I was wondering how easy it would be to change?  Any advice welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I removed and re-fitted the kitchen tap on my Elddis Xscape 2004 at the weekend.  

Once I had got to the underside (remove cutlery drawer) there were two push-fit tails and the micro-switch wires to remove, and then a nylon nut underneath.  

The tricky part I found was knowing how to disassemble the tap to get the micro-switch out, as the other end disappears into a wiring loom beside the gas hob. (Reich told me yesterday to remove the hot/cold symbol and release the screw underneath). Also two versions on mine 27mm and 33mm.

I'm ordering a new part, but if that doesn't work I will also be in the market for a new tap, so will be interested in any recommendations!

Newer vans like the OP's won't have microswitches so it should be an easier job.

• Like 1

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

• 5 weeks later...

I went for repair of my Reich Pelikan tap in the end.   I replaced the tails, but there was stil a leak from inside the body somewhere, coming out of the peg hole.  

I ordered a new cartidge and peg, replaced the cartridge and still a leak, so decided that Reichs advice (very helpful on the phone they were too) that it was probably frost damage (previous owner thank you!) distorting the tap body was correct.

Wrapped some PTFE tape around the tops of the tails and made my own replacement peg and that has cured the leak, so all good now!