Where to get tower fridge airing catch as pictured.

Try googling make and model number along with the word spares.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Ours broke,the replacement comes with the metal  part for £42! 

I declined use a shower curtain clip I had in garage. Works fine.

Rubb7sh design and mickey taking part price!

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

My caravan arrived with out one, since enquiring on swift talk I found the catch would break anyway, so I haven't bothered to pursue it, just use a cloth to keep the freezer and fridge door open.

These Dometic fridges really are poor quality.   The door catch you are referring to is far to flimsy I have broken mine as well.  

The door shelves have all been replaced after failing and even one of the replacements, which Dometic claim are "improved" has broken.    

Also for a family caravan a fridge which will not take a four pint bottle of milk is next to useless.

• Thanks 1

I agree the quality of the fridge shelves is poor, along with the piece of junk door catch!:o

• 4 weeks later...

I  use a  spring wire clip I found in my junk box, it pushes through the door catch from inside the fridge, the boor catch engages in the loop,works!

My previous shower curtain clip fell  out on move!

I was at the dealers yesterday, for a warranty fix. I was chatting to the aftersales manager about the rip off pricefor the replacement. He said Dometic had had complaints about the item and that the plastic item may be available on its own soon,hopefully cheap!

Perhaps a metal or stronger plastic replacement is in order?

• 1 month later...

Two of our door shelves have broken where they slide onto the door-with normal use. Cheap flimsy plastic. I will ask for replacements under warranty when we are back. :(

• 2 years later...

Having worked along side plastic moulding industry, after design and tooling, this part should not cost any more than between £2 - £5 ...total rip off, and not fit for purpose, and they know it...  

Our first door bin failure, advised by dealer “not warranty item”. £25 later..... 

Second bin failure, was directly after fitting the first replacement. Put a milk carton in shelf, then added a ketchup bottle. Watched in disbelief as it all clattered to the floor. 
So phoned Dometic, to be told they are covered by warranty, and given instructions on how to claim via dealer ( claims can only be made by dealers)