Sign in to follow this  
gradyp

New caravan chairs required

Hi all  , ,   in the market for some new folding chairs, had a look around ebay etc. and not sure what to buy, prices all over the place

Will to pay for quality, as normally quality lasts but I don't know what chairs are worth paying for

Any advice would be welcome

Paul

As in most things, just one name 'Isabella'.

Go round the dealers and try sitting in them. Quality counts for nothing unless you are comfortable!

Another vote for Isabella we have two 

Bought 4 Isabella chairs last year. Superb.

Seems issabella have the vote , ,  thanks for the info , , will start looking

Thanks Paul

I have Crespo chairs, very robust and comfortable

https://www. obelink. co. uk/crespo-al-238-40-deluxe. html?category_params=s_company%3D4%26category_id%3D4277

https://www. obelink. co. uk/crespo-al-237-40-deluxe. html?category_params=s_company%3D4%26category_id%3D4277

My in-laws have Isabella chairs which are ok.

Edited by Borussia 1900

Lafuma for me but you takes your pick!  Only thing I would say is that we bought the extra width versions which we thought more comfortable.   (Wife is around 5 feet 2 inches and slim so nothing to do with size!)

20 minutes ago, John_b_45 said:

Lafuma for me but you takes your pick!  Only thing I would say is that we bought the extra width versions which we thought more comfortable.   (Wife is around 5 feet 2 inches and slim so nothing to do with size!)

We have exactly the same. The extra width was a mistake as we are not that “broad at the beam” and the extra width when folded takes up valuable inches in the car boot. We have had fractured plastic brackets on both chairs which were replaced by the retailer foc (after a good argument). I would not really recommend these for that reason. The Isabella chairs look superb and I might treat us to a pair and pension off the others for the garden at home.

I purchased a couple of the Lafuma sit up and beg lightweight chairs a while back. They were v good, though you had to keep tightening the nuts as they worked loose. Anyway I accidentally squashed the top rail of one of them  when I closed the electric garage door on it. With a new aluminium top frame it would be a cinch to repair but our retailer couldn't get one, the importers couldn't get one and Lafuma ignored my emails. So now we have one Lafuma chair and I'll never buy another. 

We bought Lafuma chairs about 2 years ago and they are very comfortable plus being lightweight.

I have two Lafuma chairs which must be all of ten years old.    I have them in use every day throughout the Spanish winter and whilst the odd nut has come loose, they continue to give first class use.

10 minutes ago, Jaydug said:

I have two Lafuma chairs which must be all of ten years old.   

How time flies!   

5ad07457cf529_LasPalmeras2003.jpg.17912c79a4c3a38e8722776c421abd9c.jpg

Just come across the chairs in a picture taken in 2003 - so "must be all of fifteen years old" . ....:D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jaydug said:

I have two Lafuma chairs which must be all of ten years old.    I have them in use every day throughout the Spanish winter and whilst the odd nut has come loose, they continue to give first class use.

https://www. amazon. co. uk/lafuma-ALU-CHAM-Batyline®-Seigle/dp/B0759RSN6J/ref=pd_sbs_86_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6ZCBHAGQX15V94Z26PDQ

These are ours.   Still going strong after 7 years.

I like the material.   As a camping chair it can get wet and only needs a wipe, although it dries fast enough.   Would not be so convenient to have a padded covering that soaked up water and was difficult to clean.

As with anything you takes your pick! 

Weight is nothing!  I seem to remember 3. 5kg.  

We bought our lafuma chairs about 10 years ago & they re still going strong. Not had an issue with nuts needing tightening either. Very comfortable.  

Originally we got a pair of Lafuma Cham Elips batyline chairs and were very pleased with them.

While in an awning showroom we sat in some Isabella Comfort chairs - weren't in the market for chairs, but they were so comfy. The're a bit heavier than the Lafuma and slightly bigger when folded down, but wouldn't be without them now.   Unfortunately Isabella don't make the Comfort anymore, only the Thor and the Odin.

As Stevan said you do need to sit in a chair before buying.

I've had Lfuma 

I've had Lafuma chairs previously as well as Lafuma reclining loungers which I just love. Had the first two at least 12 years and purchased a new set a couple of years ago.  No loose nuts, easy to clean, fold away well and are just perfect for an afternoon nap in the sun!  We also have some storage bags for them too.

5 hours ago, Jaydug said:

How time flies!   

5ad07457cf529_LasPalmeras2003.jpg.17912c79a4c3a38e8722776c421abd9c.jpg

Just come across the chairs in a picture taken in 2003 - so "must be all of fifteen years old" . ....:D

Hope you kept the receipt just in case John. :D

13 minutes ago, wigandiver said:

Hope you kept the receipt just in case John. :D

I can't find it - which means I can't take them back. ..:D

Isabella for us.

Don't know the name of it, but I purchased a three legged camping chair when we were passing through France, and needed a few supplies so visited the local hypermarket (somewhere in the Burgundy area of France).  It folds up a bit like a pencil with its carrier, which has a strap and you can carry it slung on your shoulder, so space isn't an issue, it also has a stitched on head rest that you can flip back if you don't want to use it.   It also has a bottle holder situated in the arm part of the chair, and I've had it for almost 20 years, probably a bit more than that.   My OH has kicked himself repeatedly because he didn't get one as well.   He's gone through numerous chairs, but he says he hasn't found one that's as comfortable as mine.   Many is the time when he has said to me that he'll buy me a new one, but no, I always seem to keep to this one and will not part with it.   I'm 5ft tall, and its perfect for my height

We`ve just replaced our Lafuma`s after around five years use with Isabella Thors including foot rests for £85 each, the Lafumas (no footrests) were around 4. 5Kg the Isabella`s including the rests are 11Kgs but are more sturdy and padded seats.

5 hours ago, Simple Life said:

Can't argue with how they look can you!  And the price is right.

We bought a couple of similar looking recliners from Towsure a few years back.   They stay home and are great for the garden because the weight is unbelievable.   

I guess you get what you pay for and chairs made from steel frames will be heavy but  probably very durable.   

Just that a lighter frame of more exotic material is more useful for a caravan where weight is often a serious consideration.  

We have Lafumas. ..chairs and loungers. They are new (well 8 years old, but that is new compared to other replies!) Neve h ad a problem with them (Unless you count a stain on one as a problem) Both sets bought in France at hypermarkets and no, I have no idea where the receipts are, nor do I care, we have had our monies worh from them!