Sign in to follow this  
jim000

PATIO DOORS

HI DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO REMOVE PATIO DOORS ON MY WILLERBY  IDEAL ECLIPSE

I WOULD LIKE TO REMOVE MY OLD COUCH AND PUT NEW ONES IN THANKS ANN

Hi Ann - Can't help but maybe there are hinge pins that need knocking out?

Can I give some forum advice - that is, it is best to post in lower case as upper case appears like shouthing.

Best of luck.

I'm not familiar with the patio doors or the hinges on your mobile home but I have fitted several uPVC back doors and front doors.    First I can tell you that with the glass still in the door, the unit is extremely heavy.    Some manufacturers produce better hinges than others but most of them have several directions of adjustment.    Upset just one of those positions and you'll end up with a badly fitting door.    If it's essential to remove them, I would get a window fitter to do it for you.

6 minutes ago, Jaydug said:

I'm not familiar with the patio doors or the hinges on your mobile home but I have fitted several uPVC back doors and front doors.    First I can tell you that with the glass still in the door, the unit is extremely heavy.    Some manufacturers produce better hinges than others but most of them have several directions of adjustment.    Upset just one of those positions and you'll end up with a badly fitting door.    If it's essential to remove them, I would get a window fitter to do it for you.

thanks for the advice there sliding patio doors  and it would be very hard to get new couches and window fitter at the same time as the caravans miles from anywhere  

Can you not get the couch, put it in storage on site, (or even hire a big van for the day), and then get the window fitter in ?

7 minutes ago, wigandiver said:

Can you not get the couch, put it in storage on site, (or even hire a big van for the day), and then get the window fitter in ?

hi thanks ill see if there a window fitter on the site as im a  bit skint so dont really want to store things and get fitters in as were  miles from anyware 

9 minutes ago, happynomad said:

Lots of videos on YouTube showing how to remove patio doors. ..  caution:  patio door panels are very heavy.  

https://youtu. be/eiSs1CDW5-Y

thanks happynomad thats what im looking for ill give it a good look later  thanks to all for the help

Hi jim000 I have the very same van and we have changed our three piece, and all we did was to take the stops of the outside of the sliding section and remove the door handles and it will go through, also we took the  swivel base of the armchair, and we removed the sofa bed matteress which is only 2 screws near the front, this also makes them a lot lighter, we gave ours to the British Heart Foundation, who  came to the site and they removed it from the caravan with no problems, hope this  helps,

Best regards Bob,

thanks bob

good idea about the mattress did you just take the one door off or two of  them 

with some help we got the sofas out by taking out one of the doors

hi Jaydug can you fit new hinges to patio doors that are not being made any more as mines broke and I don't really want to by new doors if they can be fixed with an alternative hinge

3 hours ago, jeanette2 said:

hi Jaydug can you fit new hinges to patio doors that are not being made any more as mines broke and I don't really want to by new doors if they can be fixed with an alternative hinge

There are dozens of different types of UPVC door hinges and most can be replaced however, it's not a simple DIY job.   For a start, the doors are very heavy so it becomes a two-man job to fix it so that it closes and locks correctly.   A company which I've used in the past for exchange locks also do UPVC hinges.   

• Like 1