Safefill-no gas coming out

Yorkshireman

Any safefill users out there that can help?

a friends just bought a safefill, I filled it for them. No issues on filling, but they have connected and no gas flow. Think its a problem with valve as a second one works fine.

i have emailed safefill but on Easter shutdown . Anybody had same and how did you resolve?

thanks

The cylinders have a cut off valve inside the main valve, called a back check valve.   This can 'pop' when refilling, especially if you disconnect the supply without turning the cylinder off first.   I was told when I purchased mine.    The answer is to push it back before connecting the pigtail.   Simple finger pressure was supposed to be enough, you can see it if you look into the valve when the pig tail screws in.   

Never had to do it because mine never has.  

From memory it was turn off the cylinder.   Push the valve back and then connect the pigtail.    Try it ( at your own risk ).

It may  have been activated if you have turned the cylinder on without anything connected as well.  

Edited by Alan Stanley

Got it working, looks like some pigtails don’t push deep enough. Msybe the valve you mentioned in your post. I will email safefill, maybe there’s a slight fault as I would expect to work with all pigtails. At least I can use it now though.

I have had similar difficulties during the winter and on occasions when I did get gas to flow, there was leakage!

I emailed Safefill and got a VERY prompt reply recommending the use of pigtails with rubber ends and handwheel.

Haven't tried it yet as we are waiting for delivery of a new van but will definitely go the rubber ended pigtail route.

Jim

We use the hand wheel types.  Plus an auto change over valve. Very convenient