hi all i know this has probably been asked to death but here we go,,, i used to ave sky hd now upgraded to sky q,, works and love it,, i also have a sky setup for my caravan,, i i bought a sky lnb for sky q could i take my 2 q boxes away with me [the main and mini] like we do with sky hd thanks all

I am not too sure, but I think you will need Wi-Fi for the mini box to work. I am a bit disappointed with Q box in as much that I can't record a future program via my phone anymore like when I am away. Also, the remind me button on the HD box is not on the Q box. I do like the voice control feature though.   

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

2 hours ago, Doosan said:

I am not too sure, but I think you will need Wi-Fi for the mini box to work. I am a bit disappointed with Q box in as much that I can't record a future program via my phone anymore like when I am away. Also, the remind me button on the HD box is not on the Q box. I do like the voice control feature though.   

I log-in to my Sky account via my phone, then go to TV Guide. After searching for the channel and program I want, click on it and a box appears to record.

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

• 3 weeks later...

The Sky HD boxes all worked independently of each other with separate satellite feeds and their own planner. With Q, the main Q box is designed to feed content and signal to the mini boxes via the home WiFi and the mesh created by the Q system.  If you have no internet connection and mesh the mini will not work. 3G/4G mobile internet connections are no good for Q either.  

Hope that helps.  

im not worried about internet while away and i was thinking of using the router in the caravan solely as a way point to link the boxes so to speak,, next week im buying a wideband lnb for my caravan dish [a dish i bought not a built on one] so gonna try the setup before we go anywhere to see if it works if not then i know,, if it does wala

i am aware the  mini and q boxes shouldnt need the main router really as ive turned mine off few times over the year as was decorating etc and the 2  main boxes never cut off apart from the no internet messages but the tv and recording side always stayed on

On 18/04/2018 at 11:30, Carcol92 said:

The Sky HD boxes all worked independently of each other with separate satellite feeds and their own planner. With Q, the main Q box is designed to feed content and signal to the mini boxes via the home WiFi and the mesh created by the Q system.  If you have no internet connection and mesh the mini will not work. 3G/4G mobile internet connections are no good for Q either.  

Hope that helps.  

Sky q does work with 3G/4g hotspots no problem.

On 30/03/2018 at 00:14, robbie244 said:

hi all i know this has probably been asked to death but here we go,,, i used to ave sky hd now upgraded to sky q,, works and love it,, i also have a sky setup for my caravan,, i i bought a sky lnb for sky q could i take my 2 q boxes away with me [the main and mini] like we do with sky hd thanks all

Yes it works perfectly as long as you have a wide band lnb. I just pair my sky q box with my iPhone then connect the mini box 👍

so im guessing if i dont pair them they wont work together?,, was debating taking my router just as a link point,, why pair to phone  i have limited internet on phone

Edited by robbie244

Hi Robbie, you need an active internet connection to pair your mini box to the q box. Once it’s paired once and active you can turn the internet off.  

Your sky q box does not need to be connected to the internet if used on its own, all this means is you won’t have catch up and the movies etc.

hope this helps 

ok how do i do this on my phone [android samsung or can i take my router and use that,, not after od etc just channels

am i right in guessing just the normal wifi way, , ive forgotten how im doing this a mind blank moment lol

ok was gonna try now then realised other box in use lol

usualyy discoverable is bluetooth,, my phone wifi is always discoverable im sure

well today got q working ad took my router out and they connect without internet so i think solved