Sign in to follow this  
den123

Awning table

Can anyone recommend a table to put in the awning please 

The one in the van works fine for us.

• Like 2

We bought one from Aldi last year just for the weekend, its perfect and has stood the test of time, well its stood this winter very well as Ieft it in the open on the allotment after food and drinks on bonfire night.  Out all winter and still as good as new :)

• Thanks 1

We just use a lightweight folding table with a table cloth.  I think we paid around £30 for it at the NEC caravan show and it's fine for touring holidays etc although for semi permanent (seasonal) use I'd probably use something a little more substantial.

Edited by happynomad

The Rolls Royce of tables is the Trigano ALU 140  - if you can find one.   Seats 4  and folds up and stores in a narrow little bag. Found one for £45 at Golden Castle Caravans near Gloucster a couple of years ago when looking at awnings but expect to pay twice that to import from France.

http://www. trigano-camping. com/en/carry-case-tables/85-alu-table-140. html

Can't be doing with a wambly table that meanders around while you eat your tea. :)

Mostly, any folding table will do.   I've had various ones in the past, and they all served their purpose.   Personally though, the ones that you can lengthen the legs individually may be best because of the terrain, as you may be pitched on a slope for instance.

• Like 1

We used. to take an every day plastic garden table with us for the awning. Just used to take the legs off and slide it in somewhere while travelling. Always worked for us & gave us more table room than any caravan specific one & was cheap as chips.  

5 minutes ago, Babstreefern said:

Mostly, any folding table will do.   I've had various ones in the past, and they all served their purpose.   Personally though, the ones that you can lengthen the legs individually may be best because of the terrain, as you may be pitched on a slope for instance.

Agree with this. We have one with adjustable legs. When we’re touring we store it in the caravan table cupboard and leave the caravan table at home. I think the awning table is a Lafuma.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ern said:

Agree with this. We have one with adjustable legs. When we’re touring we store it in the caravan table cupboard and leave the caravan table at home. I think the awning table is a Lafuma.

Same here - great table

https://www. campingworld. co. uk/en/gb/Lafuma-California-Adjustable-XL-Table/m-5432. aspx

We have one made by Hi Gear (I think!). One vital feature is that all four legs are adjustable.

As SDA has said the one in the caravan works fine for us also. However if you do go for an additional one I agree with the posters who have suggested getting one with individually adjustable legs.

hi guys the trouble is a table with thin legs knackers the awning carpet  so looking for a table with flat legs at the bottom 

Put furniture cups or a abi of wood with an indend drilled in - a bit of lateral thinking is required

We used to have a Lafuma and it was really well made but a bit too big and rather heavy so we gave it to our son. This is what we currently use. Ours is a lighter colour but the same otherwise. Camping World Kampa Hi Lo Table £50. Very steady with big feet and fold really flat.