Sign in to follow this  
speedbird22

Whale Ivan control

My Ivan control panel seems to have gone out of alignment. .buttons strayed to the left. . to operate.

Any ideas. .other than a new screen which is about £400. .?.

Ask Whale in Ireland. ..helpful people.

geoff

Hi there, 

Please contact our Customer Service Department who will do all they can to assist you. Contact details below.

Tel: 0845 217 2933 or 02891 270531

Email: info@whalepumps. com

Best wishes

Hayley

Posted (edited)
On 21/03/2018 at 11:26, speedbird22 said:

My Ivan control panel seems to have gone out of alignment. .buttons strayed to the left. . to operate.

Any ideas. .other than a new screen which is about £400. .?.

Did you ever resolve this problem Speedbird?

I seem to have a similar problem which is getting worse, it's been present to some degree (and on certain buttons) since before I purchased the 2015 van from a reliable private vendor around 18 months ago but it didn't seem serious and didn't really affect everyday use. However it now seems to be getting worse and is causing unreliable operation of the pump switching. I naively assumed that it would be a case of a simple screen re-calibration but after a call to Whale I'm informed that the screen cannot be calibrated and the only cure is to completely replace the module - presumably at considerable expense. I can't tell you how much as Whale refuse to sell me a new module (Whale approved engineers only) and won't even tell me what the likely cost might be. They did supply me with the name of one of their approved engineers (who doesn't actually cover my area) but to date he hasn't come back to me with an estimate. I need to get this problem sorted ASAP as we're booked for a month on the continent shortly and I daren't go over there with an unreliable control unit.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem or can suggest a reliable "Whale Approved"  mobile engineer in the Surrey/Hampshire area?

Edited by segapod
grammar

12 minutes ago, segapod said:

Did you ever resolve this problem Speedbird?

I seem to have a similar problem which is getting worse, it's been present to some degree (and on certain buttons) since before I purchased the 2015 van from a reliable private vendor around 18 months ago but it didn't seem serious and didn't really affect everyday use. However it now seems to be getting worse and is causing unreliable operation of the pump switching. I naively assumed that it would be a case of a simple screen re-calibration but after a call to Whale I'm informed that the screen cannot be calibrated and the only cure is to completely replace the module - presumably at considerable expense. I can't tell you how much as Whale refuse to sell me a new module (Whale approved engineers only) and won't even tell me what the likely cost might be. They did supply me with the name of one of their approved engineers (who doesn't actually cover my area) but to date he hasn't come back to me with an estimate. I need to get this problem sorted ASAP as we're booked for a month on the continent shortly and I daren't go over there with an unreliable control unit.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem or can suggest a reliable "Whale Approved"  mobile engineer in the Surrey/Hampshire area?

they don't seem to be very cheap. Here's a link to a seller

Here

11 minutes ago, JanandJay said:

they don't seem to be very cheap. Here's a link to a seller

Here

Thanks for the link JanandJay, I'd already found that one and nearly fell off my seat when I saw the price.:o

If you look more closely it does say "Unavailable" under the price which I'm assuming is because Whale are refusing to supply them other than to  "Whale Approved" engineers.

17 minutes ago, segapod said:

Thanks for the link JanandJay, I'd already found that one and nearly fell off my seat when I saw the price.:o

If you look more closely it does say "Unavailable" under the price which I'm assuming is because Whale are refusing to supply them other than to  "Whale Approved" engineers.

Can't see why not. As they are owned by Bailey

For anyone interested, we've had a quote from one of Whale's "approved repairers" for £330 to supply and fit a new panel, hoping to get it done sometime next week.

I'm not too impressed by the cost of the replacement but even less impressed that this vital bit of electronic kit should fail in such a way on a 4 year old caravan. I'll bite the bullet and get the job done first as it's essential to keep the caravan useable but I'm intending to take the matter up with Whale once it's working again.

In all my time I've never come across a modern touch screen that couldn't be re-calibrated before and can't understand why Whale should fit such a poorly specified component as a vital part of their system.

The screen started to play up a while ago (whilst under warranty) but it was only a minor nuisance rather than a game stopper. If I'd have raised the problem when it first started I could have had it changed under warranty.