Someone help me please.

So, I’m looking to put a touring caravan up the drive for temp living. I’m so confused after hours of googling I decieded to actuall ask people. How do I get electric to it? Have no outside power source except for electric box? How much is cost etc.  

Thanks! 

Just now, Ashraxh said:

So, I’m looking to put a touring caravan up the drive for temp living. I’m so confused after hours of googling I decieded to actuall ask people. How do I get electric to it? Have no outside power source except for electric box? How much is cost etc.  

Thanks! 

Get a quote from a local electrician

• Like 1

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

first do you have a power lead  if so fit a 13amp  plug to it and plug it in to the house socket 13amps will give enough  power to power the vans basic needs

If you need an outside socket the easiest way is to drill a hole through the house wall somewhere convenient for the caravan and near an internal mains socket. Fit a CEE17 blue socket on the outside wall preferably just above the hole and wire it using 1. 5mm flex. Fit a 13A plug on the other end of the cable inside - the cable will only need to be less than a metre long - and when you are sure all is well plug it into the socket through a plug-in RCD if you want further protection.  

You will need a caravan hook up cable which come in 25m ready made lengths from such as Towsure or again you can make one up yourself if you know how to fit the plug. The cable does not need to be 25m, just the length necessary to reach the caravan mains inlet with a bit to spare.

If you can do the drilling but are unsure about any of the wiring it is a simple job for any DIYer.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville