Sign in to follow this  
Sleekpony

10 Tips to Save Money While Caravanning

We had rather a steep learning curve - deciding to go from First Timers to Full Timers in just a month. ..

Of course we paid FAR TOO MUCH for EVERYTHING in our first year - so I thought that I would share with you how we saved literally thousands in our second!

If you have any killer tips, please do share them with me! We quit our jobs to tour full time, so every penny counts. ..!

https://worldwidewalkies. blog/2018/03/18/10-tips-to-save-money-while-caravanning/

• Like 3

Do you ever post anything that doesn't contain a link to your own promotion?

• Like 2

What have i missed ?  What do you think he is promoting ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alexbee said:

What have i missed ?  What do you think he is promoting ?

His/her blog site?

There are several contributors to CT, some long-standing, who maintain blogs and refer to it in appropriate posts but they're primarily contributors like the rest of us, very able to provide answers/information/opinion without using an external link in every single post.

• Like 2

He is a she and every post seems to promote her own blog site.

• Like 1

And his tips are not anything anyone who is experienced would already know.

• Like 2

So its nothing commercial, ( and hardly promoting anything) , just a nice friendly blog, but this makes him/her some kind of CT antichrist ??  

Edited by Alexbee
  • Like 1

An interesting read. I'm not sure what there is to be offended by?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Alexbee said:

So its nothing commercial, ( and hardly promoting anything) , just a nice friendly blog, but this makes him/her some kind of CT antichrist ??  

Thanks for checking the link out - I never click on new links, and even "trusted" links can be hacked.

I CBA with posts that require me to go somewhere else to see what the poster has to say.

14 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

Thanks for checking the link out - I never click on new links, and even "trusted" links can be hacked.

I CBA with posts that require me to go somewhere else to see what the poster has to say.

It works better as a blog and the poster clearly has their own site so why wouldn't they use it?

Does your not clicking on new links policy extend to Google search results?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, svimes said:

It works better as a blog and the poster clearly has their own site so why wouldn't they use it?

:D;)

9 minutes ago, svimes said:

There's a difference between links I've specifically searched for and unsolicited links.

Other forums I use advise against new un-verified links - maybe CT's vetting process ensures that all contributors are above reproach ;)

2 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

There's a difference between links I've specifically searched for and unsolicited links.

Other forums I use advise against new un-verified links - maybe CT's vetting process ensures that all contributors are above reproach ;)

Maybe so.

I regularly Google stuff without knowing anything about the purveyor of the link that comes up. But then, like Austin Powers, I like to live dangerously.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I find SleekPonys reviews & findings very interesting & informative, so +1 to Sleek.

• Like 6
  • I agree completely 1

Thanks SleekPony, interesting and useful.

BH

• Like 1
  • I agree completely 1

11 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

My pleasure BG, happy to help out, even when it means living life on the edge, and risking, life, limb, sanity and computer by clicking on the occasional link. i,ll probably come unstuck someday with all my dangerous link clicking, but until that happens I,ll keep on. Its rewarding to know that my risk taking, can be helpful to the more risk averse in our society.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

I can't see any 'Promotion' for any financial gain, only promotion of an interesting blog, which has useful information in it.

Not everyone that visits CT knows everything there is to know about caravanning and all sources of information are useful to new comers to the world of caravanning.   If it contains info that you already know, then well done you.   But there was a time when, like everyone else, you knew nothing.

It is useful that people who may find the information in the blog interesting, can find it from a variety of sources,  so it is easier to put it into an always available source. rather that keep posting every entry on every website forum that there is.   I do something similar on my BONI link below.

So well done Sleekpony and don't be put off by the 'Nay' sayers!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Wunny said:

I can't see any 'Promotion' for any financial gain, only promotion of an interesting blog, which has useful information in it.

Not everyone that visits CT knows everything there is to know about caravanning and all sources of information are useful to new comers to the world of caravanning.   If it contains info that you already know, then well done you.   But there was a time when, like everyone else, you knew nothing.

It is useful that people who may find the information in the blog interesting, can find it from a variety of sources,  so it is easier to put it into an always available source. rather that keep posting every entry on every website forum that there is.   I do something similar on my BONI link below.

So well done Sleekpony and don't be put off by the 'Nay' sayers!

You're absolutely right about a time when I knew nothing, still true for most things - my Luddite view of a forum is to discuss things of interest, not act as a forwarding agent to information held elsewhere as that's what Google is for, IMO.

• Like 1

The blog or the link bother me not one I bit.  I click on links hundreds/thousands of times.  It’s mostly how the internet works.  Just get good security, or stop using the internet.

I did not learn anything new, but then I have been there and done it.  But would certainly be useful to newbies.  It’s very well presented and written.

So is it promotion, perhaps, (but that’s fine with me), is this economical and sencible use of the medium.  Most certainly.  Does it advertise or sell,  no, but the blog provider may put the odd banner in like CT does,  just grow to ignore them.

John

Edited by JCloughie
  • Like 1

I am happy to encourage and welcome anyone that makes a positive contribution that will help fellow caravaners, directly or indirectly. 

We have had our fair share of moaning Minnie’s and negative whingers to last a life time. 

• Like 7
  • I do not understand 1
  • I agree completely 1

1 minute ago, Grandpa Steve said:

I am happy to encourage and welcome anyone that makes a positive contribution that will help fellow caravaners, directly or indirectly.  

We have had our fair share of moaning Minnie’s and negative whingers to last a life time.  

Exactly.  👍

As an avid reader of people's blogs to give me ideas on where to go and what to see I am pleased to see another one, and I entirely agree that any tips are useful to newcomers to the hobby. As far as putting a link to a blog is concerned, if someone asks for advice it is far easier to just give the link to the part of your blog where you can answer the question, rather than typing it all out for the nth time.

• Like 2
  • I agree completely 1

19 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

You've made over 10000 posts.  How many times have you had to repeat advice you've given in response to questions from those less experienced - loads I expect.  If you had a blog you could have saved yourself endless time by making a link to it

• Like 3

There is a link to my blog on every post I make,what a bad,bad boy I am.

( It's at the bottom by the way )

Ian

• Like 2

Not on the mobile version Ian.

On desktop view though your link is nice and discrete and generally you don't post on CT just to get traffic to your blog.