Sign in to follow this  
steve 133

Swift Elite 560 TV Bracket

Hi I pick up my new Swift Elite 560 caravan next week it has a TV mounting bracket in the bedroom but has anyone had fitted or fitted a TV bracket in the lounge area to the right of the door as you step in below the cupboard that houses the TV aerial.  

My 560 came with a TV bracket already fitted in the location you described

The Elegance also comes with a bedroom TV bracket. Here is my own installation for the lounge. P1050621.JPG.e4f48d055c002fc46efd038f68df3d08.JPGP1050622.JPG.a07cbf2574172e9501fcfd38ada0bb73.JPGP1050623.JPG.95133aaac41212344dc06d157713d74f.JPGP1050624.JPG.a1b40fa6604bff6afe5d45b12880a351.JPG 

The panel at the side of the fridge did not look strong enough to take the weight of a TV. A piece of ContiBoard from B&Q just happens to be a close enough colour match to the 'van's cupboard and door fronts. The white panel that you see is not itself screwed to anything. The weight of the whole thing rests on the grey work surface and is kept in place by the cross-piece at the top which is screwed to the underside of the cabinet above. You can make out the screw caps in the third photo. The screws are thus in shear rather than tension. So far, the installation has stood up to two and a half years use with no sign of it coming apart. We dismount the TV for travel.