Sign in to follow this  
Fordsabroad

Jormax, cornishwindbreaks or other

I wish to buy a windbreak that will allow my greyhound to have a little outside space without being tethered. He is not a digger/jumper or escape artist and is basically lazy and would just like to lay in the open.   I want a fairly large windbreak which is easy to erect on my own and does not need guy lines. I have read forum posts and like the Jormax as they seem to fit the bill but so do the ones from cornishwindbreaks which are considerably cheaper.   Has anybody got experience of these? I am particularly interested on ease of erection including putting them up on hardstandings and would consider any make that had good reviews.

A cable tie is a helluva lot cheaper and much less stuff to lug around, safer as well if the dog decides to make a break for it.

14 hours ago, Fordsabroad said:

I wish to buy a windbreak that will allow my greyhound to have a little outside space without being tethered. He is not a digger/jumper or escape artist and is basically lazy and would just like to lay in the open.   I want a fairly large windbreak which is easy to erect on my own and does not need guy lines. I have read forum posts and like the Jormax as they seem to fit the bill but so do the ones from cornishwindbreaks which are considerably cheaper.   Has anybody got experience of these? I am particularly interested on ease of erection including putting them up on hardstandings and would consider any make that had good reviews.

We have the Jormax Vision system which you can see through and although it is 7 years old it looks almost new.   We have 2 x 4m lengths and the gate.     As you can see from the pictrue plenty of room for our 3 dogs.   Obviously if you have a porch awning you get more room for the dogs if having the windbreak at front or back. 5a9e69765c90c_Droitwichrallycampsite.thumb.jpg.df53bddb5cc59bf383e590b4be1c89bc.jpg

That looks good, is it heavy and can it be erected by one person? Is it ok on hard standings.

1 hour ago, Fordsabroad said:

That looks good, is it heavy and can it be erected by one person? Is it ok on hard standings.

Altogether incl gate it weighs 13. 7kg.   Okay on most hard standing except caravan club.   We carry a drill with us and a masonry bit so make a pilot hole and then hammer in the pole.

Sounds good - thank you

I have Jormax and they are very good.

A bit more expensive the Cornish Windbreaks but personally I prefer the Aluminium poles.

It can be easily erected with one person and is very easy to clean.

Very stable in windy conditions of you opt for the Vision mesh

It may be worth looking at the Westfield Windshield Pro windbreak as it has beading that can go straight into the awning channel and can be extended to whatever size you like while also having a door option.

http://www. questleisure. com/index. php/products/item/15/15. 08/A1040

I am biased as we are the UK distributor for Westfield but if theres anything i can do to help please let me know.

Thanks,

Ben

A1041_1_midsize.jpg