Sign in to follow this  
Guest inspireme

Campsites Accepting Large Rvs

Guest inspireme

Hi does anybody know of campsites that accept these larger vehicles i would appreciate it if you could give me a name, or even better a website - no problem if you "think" somewhere does i can easily enough find out by contacting them so any leads would be really appreciated!

thanks

matt

Hi does anybody know of campsites that accept these larger vehicles i would appreciate it if you could give me a name, or even better a website - no problem if you "think" somewhere does i can easily enough find out by contacting them so any leads would be really appreciated!

thanks

matt

Try here, a fab adult only site, fishing and tennis with loads of 'grown-up' functions throughout the year. The Bonfire Night including a hog roast must not be missed!!

I know that Sandy Balls is ok - we've had a huge Winnebago (sp?) there before with no big problems http://www. sandy-balls. co. uk/

Also, I know that Hurley Riverside is ok

http://www. higgsgroup. co. uk/hurley/park. htm

There's a start

Martin W

Carnon Downs, near Truro, Cornwall will take very large RV's, they had 4 on site last week, and its a great site, good pitches, superb facilities and very friendly but unobtrusive staff.

Good dog walks too!!and they dont charge for dogs,makes a change.

I have this link that might be of use to you http://www. the-big-pitch-guide. com/

David

That seems a great link David --- a wealth of knowledge as usual. .

Severn Gorge near Ironbridge, Shropshire does, 'cos I have seen a massive 50ft American RV pull up, complete with run about or VW Sharan!!!

If you just put in Severn Gorge Site in your search engine, you will find it. Lovely site and nice facilities and handy for the world heritage Iron Bridge museums!!

Regards

Sharon

I have this link that might be of use to you http://www. the-big-pitch-guide. com/

David

That seems a great link David --- a wealth of knowledge as usual. .

They are fiercely protective of their database though. I am a member of the forum it stems from.

Edited by Road Runner

They are fiercely protective of their database though. I am a member of the forum it stems from.

John

I am puzzled as to what they have to be protective about? Afterall its only a database that is likely to be of interest to people like yourself with an RV or very large motorhome. Has the site changed since I first sent you the link as I did not realise you have to pay to have access or have I got that wrong.

David

commons wood cc site, hatfield, nr. london, had 3 very large (like coaches with pop-out side bits) motorhomes pitched there a couple of weeks ago.

sue

John

I am puzzled as to what they have to be protective about? Afterall its only a database that is likely to be of interest to people like yourself with an RV or very large motorhome. Has the site changed since I first sent you the link as I did not realise you have to pay to have access or have I got that wrong.

David

The site is around £34 a year to be a member (I am a member) you get 12 magazines as well ;)

The guide authors are members of the site though.

the guide cost are:-

Membership costs just £40 (standard Guide) or £67 (Executive Guide) for two years (the minimum period) and can be obtained by sending your name, address and telephone number together with a cheque made out to 'The Big Pitch Guide' to the following address

I dont subscribe to the guide though.

There are over 10. 000 RV's are registered now in the UK now.

Edited by Road Runner

The former CC Club site at Stanford Hall, Lutterworth has a lot of very large RV's on site but you do get a lot of road noise from the A14, M1 and M6.

Hi Matt

There is an excellent campsite in Standlake, near Whitney, Oxford.

I have a 40' RV  a bit tight getting in, but ask for pitch 50 great for getting on and off.

Site is very well cared for, clean, shop, super showers, swimming pool, etc.

Bus service to witney, and Oxford.

The site is called

Lincoln Farm Park.

Good luck.

I think Matt is no longer on the forum ..... the original post was 12 years ago ;)

• Haha 1