Sites around Lake Annecy/ Zebrugge

Has any one a recommendation for, preferably an ACS I, site on Lake Annecy for about 10 days in May.   We have stayed at The Europa in St Jorioz twice but was very unhappy with it the last time we stayed there.

Also a site near Zebrugge in early July for catching the ferry back.   We do not need to be too close but perhaps close to the sea would be nice.

Chris and Rob

Volvo V60 D5, Coachman VIP 2016, Isabella Magnum porch awning, powrtouch mover

Adventure before dementia

<p>

Cant help with Annecy but we use Kompass Camping at Niewpoort for the night before a Zeebrugge crossing, 35 miles away.

David

Various vans 78-2019,  currently  Hobby Excellent 540 FU and Mercedes E220 CDI Estate

www. caravan-europe. co. uk

Used Ter Duinen at Nieupoort couple of years ago on way out.   Large and impersonal but fine for an overnight stop  Easy to find and easy access.    (If you want to reserve a place that can be done). 

Not stopped near  Annecy for a few years so you might be better with more up to date views - places do change! 

Edit - they took camping cheques if that's any use! 

Edited by John_b_45

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

We stayed at Camping La Ravoire last May/June. A little further south near the bottom of the lake but right on the cycle route. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will def return. ACSI ok.  

We rallied at http://www. camping-la-colombiere. com/

OK nearer Geneva than Annecy but on same stretch of road and handy for the tourist magnet. IT is ACSI.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Camping Le Solitaire Du Lac at St Jorioz near Annecy We stayed here in June 2017 and this is the review from my blog:

Camping Le Solitaire Du Lac is well away from the extremely noisy/busy road that runs the length of the lake and most of the other sites are along the road. The website said that they had pitches up to 120 square metres but we couldn't find these bigger pitches so we were landed with a much smaller pitch than we like at 80 square metres where we couldn't park the caravan width ways on, or we would have had to walk on someone else's pitch to get round the back. Similarly we couldn't do car, caravan, awning so the  car ended up with its nose against the awning. The electric is only 5 amps which I tripped several times. But having said that, the pitches  are marked by a mature tree in each corner which gives some shade and are level and well cut. We chose a pitch at the far end of the site which gave a tiny view through the trees of the lake and the children's play area. Apart from that, views of the mountains are almost non existent as the trees around the site hide the view. From the site it is a very short walk across the field to the lake and a few minutes further to the beach. Despite the site being as busy as any we have ever stayed on it was really quiet and very pleasant. The facility block was  clean and some of the staff in the office spoke English. Bread was available to order. Motorhomers need to be aware that they charge for filling your water tank by hose at E20 for 30 litres.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Can't help with Zeebrugge, but at Annecy, we stayed at the opposite end in Doussard at the site La Serraz.   Lovely site, although everyone was kept awake because of a mother owl with her youngsters, who were, I think, demanding some food:D.

We also took an inflatable boat with an onboard motor, which we moored at the local "port".  We went to the Marie, filled in a one page form, paid 20 euros, and we kept boat moored there (about 5 minute ride).  They give you a lock to attach to the bouy, and also free parking.   One day, we took out a picnic with us, and moored at a few rocks where no one could get to, and watched the Ospreys swoop down, plucking fish out of the water.   And also one thing, how friendly the boating fraternity are, always had a chat with you.   One of our more memorable holidays me thinks:D

So many options around Lake Annecy. We would go to Le Taillefer -smaller,  less formal and less cramped than many of the lakeside sites.  I don't think it's in ACSI, but then many of the better campsites in France aren't.  The Caravan and Motorhome Club has it listed with lots of favourable reviews 

Edited by moorgate

Another one for Le Taillefer, very helpful owners and great views of the lake. You have to make sure that you drive into the right entrance. You are only about 15min's from the water taxi that takes you along the lake into Annecy.  

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Thanks for your replies.   Like the  look of Le Taillerfer but it is quite a way out of Annecy and the main road in is very busy so possibly look at Le Solitaire du Lac.

Stayed at Colombiere two years ago it was May and the main large field site was not open so be were put in with the very old. very dirty Dutch seasonal vans not at all attractive and to make matters worst the gentleman in the van next door went to work every day and his wife just stared at us and would not speak.   We left after two days.   Although, I think, on the other field it would have been very different.   Staff were very friendly and facilities good.

Thanks for the two recommendation near Zebrugge, either looks fine.   I suppose most of sites in that area are going to be large family parks and it is only for 2/3 nights.

Chris

Volvo V60 D5, Coachman VIP 2016, Isabella Magnum porch awning, powrtouch mover

Adventure before dementia

<p>

The reason why I stated Le Serraz (opposite end of the lake) is because of the views.   You feel as though you are amongst the mountains.   You can also watch from your pitch the absailers flying their little planes or even just paragliding (which I assume you wish to do so:D - may see adverts in the information kiosks).  Also, when visiting Annecy, take the road (if you're looking towards Annecy) the road on the right of the lake.   A much more beautiful trip than the other side, which is far busier

Annecy =  Camping International Le Lac Bleu  at the southern tip of the lake direct access to the lake great if you have a dingy, also there is a cycle path that runs along the west side all the way to Annecy town which itself is worth a visit

Les

Hi

For your return, how about Ipres - chance to see the Menin Gate? There is a municipal site there. We went in winter and it was motorhomes only, so I cannot comment on the toilets/showers as they were closed for winter.

Anyway, this is the site - within walking distance of the Menin Gate - if you fancy it. You can pre book on line.

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I often cycle to Zeebrugge and back whilst staying at this excellent site: http://www. strandcampinggroede. nl/en/index. lp?cat=homepage

It's just over the border in the Dutch Zeeland province.

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e