Pageant or Pegasus

Thinking of buying a TA Bailey and am considering a Pageant S7 Limousin or a Pegasus 624.

i know the Pegasus is more modern but it also ( in my opinion) is less luxurious and having owned a S7 Bretagne in the past I have a soft spot fir them.

would love to hear opinions especially from those who have owned either?

330d with a Challenger following!

I am for the Pageant. This was the last of the best models built before the dreaded Alutec body, that's just in my honest opinion.

• Like 3

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

1 hour ago, Doosan said:

I am for the Pageant. This was the last of the best models built before the dreaded Alutec body, that's just in my honest opinion.

+1 although I think the 2004 Bailey's were even better with the Series models starting to show quality reductions because Bailey started chasing volume

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

1 hour ago, Doosan said:

Another +1

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Well it one of those . . flip of the coin.

Front rear panels spilling on the top corner of the traditional build causing damp in the top corners and down the wall boards and the same to the rear and window seals being breached and also causing damp and soft wall boards, as we had on ours and the caravan was at the Bailey factory for six months, in fact we never saw it again due to changing to an Alu-Tech.   Then there's the dreaded floor damp on the Alu-Techs and with both, some owners swearing that they have never had problems at all in ownership.

I think the main advantage is that if you purchase an early Alu-Tech with full up to date service history at least the 10 year warranty is transferable.

Best of luck in what ever you decide. ;)

Edited by Silverback

I have no experience of the Pegasus but our 2015 Series 5 Pageant (bought new) has given excellent service although it did need the front panel replacing (under warranty).

We much prefer the interior design, finish and layout to the later models so have no plans to change. Hopefully it will see us out!

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2, 1955 Francis Barnett Cruiser 75

48 minutes ago, iansoady said:

I have no experience of the Pegasus but our 2015 Series 5 Pageant (bought new) has given excellent service although it did need the front panel replacing (under warranty).

We much prefer the interior design, finish and layout to the later models so have no plans to change. Hopefully it will see us out!

It must have been lying around somewhere for you to have bought a new series 5 in 2015. We had a series 7 in 2010. Are you sure you didn't mean 2005:unsure:

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Thanks all - I’m edging towards the Pageant - not least because for my budget it would be a ‘black nose’ Pegasus - don’t know how anyone ever thought that they looked good?

2 hours ago, rinty said:

Thanks all - I’m edging towards the Pageant - not least because for my budget it would be a ‘black nose’ Pegasus - don’t know how anyone ever thought that they looked good?

I think the idea came from a Mann lorry grille and I also think that allegedly the Alu-Tech idea came from the commercial vehicle world, but could be wrong.

22 hours ago, matelodave said:

It must have been lying around somewhere for you to have bought a new series 5 in 2015. We had a series 7 in 2010. Are you sure you didn't mean 2005:unsure:

I did indeed. ... thanks for the correction!

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2, 1955 Francis Barnett Cruiser 75

We have owned a 2010 Pegasus for 8 years and have loved it.  Warm, dry and our best caravan yet.  We never changed over that time as we cold not see another we liked better.   We are sadly saying goodbye to it this weekend and picking up our new Pegasus!  Only changing due to layout.

• Like 1

I've got a Pegasus 646 2010 with full service history, I transferred the warranty when I bought it. In the second service I had damp showed up in the four corners. This was repaired under warranty by Coopers of Doncaster very well and so far still dry. The added bonus of the warranty being transferable is piece of mind if you get damp. I hope this helps.

Thanks all for your comments.

Slightly off topic but can a TA caravan (with no mover) be moved by hand at all.

thinking of the practicalities and where it would be kept at home( space at the site of the house) .

i used to have a twin axle trailer and it was easier to move of you raised the front on the jockey wheel - is this the case with a caravan ???

Yes, wind the front up as high as practicable without the rear hitting the deck and it can be moved with 2 or 3 people. I’ve got a single axle mover on the rear axle and it does all I need.

We have our Pageant S7 Burgundy from new in 2009 .   It was made after the reason for the front & rear panels splitting on many makes of van was discovered, (fixing holes were drilled too small or not at all in some cases ).

As it was just before the Alu-tech launch we basically had the Senator body which was extra wide with lots of Senator bells & whistles included, it's been a great caravan, we love it.

Dave.