Hi,

Please can someone help.

We we’re supposed to go away today and when I pressed the up button the middle axle cylinders refused to retract.

The override valve and hand pump doesn’t work. ..the cylinders will lift the van but refuse to retract.

13. 2 amps on the battery so is okay and I have a 3 meter extension lead so plugged it into the car and still no difference. ..just in case the battery wasn’t any good.

dors any one no what’s wrong as it’s stuck up high and I’ve a family of moaning kids disappointed about not going on holiday, will Ep come out to repair ?

Is it the auto raise button that you have pressed to try to raise the rams? Do the corner steadies raise? I am not sure of the order that things raise when the system works properly.

BMW X6 M50D + Buccaneer Schooner 2017

The only thing i can say is maybe do a reset. and have ytou tried it on the main unit not the handset?

Its in the hand book but if stuck

2. 2 Remote control programming   
Step 1. In order to pair the remote control to the system, remove the fuse (30Amp.)  out of the cable assembly from the hydraulic levelsystem or disconnect the de 9 pins cable connector from the main unit. (do this by gently pressing the two hooks on the side of the connector)  
 Step 2. Press the Buttons “deploy jacks automatically” (no. 7) and  “retract all jacks” (no. 8) simultaneously for at least 1 second.     
  When done the Indicator LED (no. 14) with the surrounding   4 arrows starts blinking GREEN / ORANGE nervously.                  This means the remote control is looking for its receiver (mounted within the main unit).   
 Step 3. Depending on what action you performed under step1, reconnect the 9 pin connector or fuse to the system.  
  Extra Note! The pairing process should be made within a certain time (apr. 20 sec.)  
- The remote control turns off automatically. - When the Iindicator LED goes off the pairing process is guaranteed.    
 Step 4. Turn the remote control ON by pressing button “on/off” (no. 5) for at least                           1 second.  
   Now the GREEN LED between the four arrows in the middle will light up by flashing. As long as you see this LED flashing, the Remote control is  searching for contact with the Main unit. When contact is made, the flashing  stops.  

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

The corner steadies did go up. .  but back ones are not now. ..

i only use the main control board and the jacks don’t retract so cant reset the hand set.

but I might disconnect the supply and try again.

thanks for the help👍

Just rying to help but have you followed the manual. if you dont have it to hand

4.   Using the pump  
When actually using the emergency hand pump operation, proceed as follows:   
Step 1 : Using the allen key, turn the gold hexagon bolt on the emergency hand pump               clockwise to the right (open position).  
Step 2 : Place the metal tube (handle) into the black holder on the emergency hand pump              assembly.  
Pump (back and forth) with the metal tube until all hydraulic jacks are withdrawn. (all jacks will be withdrawn at the same time)  
The moment you feel pressure (resistance) building up during this movement is the sign the jacks are fully withdrawn.    
Step 3 : Remove the metal tube from the holder.  
Step 4 : Using the allen key, turn the gold hexagon bolt on the emergency hand pump               assembly carefully to the left until it locks (closed position). . Attention !  carefully turn to the lock (closed) position

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

Thank Simno, I’ve folles the instructions and tried it about 10 times there’s no resistance at all when I pump and I did it for around 30 minutes and nothing happened.

Might be worth charging the van battery overnight - if you can, and give the system a go tomorrow. From what I have read most problems are down to battery issues. Not sure if you can do this though?

If there is no resitance then thats down to a leak i think. If you look on another post earlier ianv8  who is currently in spain and has a simular problem with the rear legs. He had a leaking back ram and it also would not raise the legs i think. They sent out a fitter to spain to repair it under the red pennant cover tho. so will be worth having a crawl around under neath and see if you can find any  fluid leak. It may have happend before you lower the legs the last time and now they cannot be retracted? only a idea?

Im thinking no fluid /air in system, there will be no power to raise them. but could be wrong??but doesnt make sense for the raising/lowering of jacks and not being able to retract them. but e and p will be there tomorrow now to ring them first thing???

17 minutes ago, CraigP2005 said:

Just to clarify.  Its only effecting BOTH  middle steadies?  The front and rear work correctly.  

Back corner steadies not working now as well as the middle rams.

Ive just recently had to have a new pump fitted due to a leaking seal,The legs wouldn't raise and nor would the centre jacks you could hear the pump running but it sounde d more like a high speed motor spinning rather than a pump.  

Sounds like a lack of fluid to me.

Have a look at all 6 rams and see if there is any fluid on the shafts, the fluid is clear but in my case the steady was covered in fluid and very dirty where the road muck had stuck.

The E&P warranty is only 2 years but the Elddis warranty covers it for 3 years, assuming it’s a Buccaneer.

If the fluid has leaked out you can push the jacks up by hand but be aware they may fall down when towing.

You may have to get your breakdown company to come out and tie them up so you can tow it to a dealer or your dealer may come out to you if you are lucky.

I had a rear ram replaced on site out here in Spain.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

He's saying they wont retract so one would assume plenty of fluid as its keeping the damper extended. Must admit whilst their is a sequance for extention/retraction i dont know if their are any proximity switches to report when a particular sequance completed. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Im also assuming pump runs when commanded to do so?

After mulling this over i was making some assumptions, that it was sat on the jacks if this is not the case (the weight of the van has pushed the jacks down so just resting on the floor) then i have moved into the lack of oil camp:D.

Sadly this does not help you much as they dont loose oil for no good reason.  This as others have  said would render the pumps uselss.  However if this is not the case we need to know exactly what it can and can't do. But by this time you have probably spoke to someone who knows what hes talking about. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, CraigP2005 said:

He's saying they wont retract so one would assume plenty of fluid as its keeping the damper extended. Must admit whilst their is a sequance for extention/retraction i dont know if their are any proximity switches to report when a particular sequance completed. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Im also assuming pump runs when commanded to do so?

I would assume they have check valves on the cylinders so they need to be powered in both directions. I also assumed there was enough oil to extend them initially but if oil has leaked away there may not be enough to retract them (it takes less oil to retract the cylinders). The OP said initially the rear legs would retract now they wont which supported my belief that oil has leaked away.

I could of course be very wide of the mark, very difficult to fault find remotely.

Hi all👋

Thank you for all your replies they are most welcome.

I also believe that’s it’s an oil problem and the axle jacks don’t have enough oil to retract them.

The emergency pump looks to be the problem as there’s fluid with dirt stuck on it.

today I contacted E&P who were helpful and positive, I also contacted there agent Roslin in Sussex who again went out of there wat to help. ...thank you !

I then spoke to customer services at Elddis and the most helpful lady called Charlie said she would go to my retailer in Ipswich and ask them to do the required warranty claim, but she called me back to inform me that there computer system was down.

At 4. 30 today I again phoned my retail dealer  in Ipswich who’s computer system was still down so they couldn’t do the required application. ..to a shame that they were not as positive as all the above people😔😖 but I’ve come to expect this. ...

I was also told that the emergency pump valve has now been replaced to a push button and this can be retrofitted for £100 fitted 

1 minute ago, Teryy1234 said:

Hi all👋

I was also told that the emergency pump valve has now been replaced to a push button and this can be retrofitted for £100 fitted 

Why has it been changed? If the original is not fit for purpose why should you pay?

AJG

11 minutes ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

Why has it been changed? If the original is not fit for purpose why should you pay?

AJG

I thought so too, the £100 is something for the dealer to worry about not Terry

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I'd tell them that you just want it fixed and the design upgrade could be something you'll maybe consider when its out of warranty.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

that dont sound right

so they recognise there is a fault with the original 1,and then want us to pay for a upgrade as the original is not uto standard.

Surely thats called a recall?

How does the red button work to over ride the control panel and operate the system and retract the legs?  Do you just push it in?

Edited by Durbanite
  • 1 month later...

My E&P was a retro fit by Conrad Anderson in Birmingham.

In February I had the system serviced by them, found one of the front steadies leaking, changed under warranty, one week before it ran out! I had lubricated them with silicone before, they advise the silicone should be wiped afterwards in future.

As far as i’m concerned it’s the best thing ever invented!