Sign in to follow this  
Rich2020

2018 Buccaneer Cruiser Dropped Floor!

DSC_1390.thumb.jpg.f499103453ee7208f0a84c64eb59f512.jpgIMG_4543.thumb.jpg.935a8d4164aad965b673fa6bb9db61e7.jpgIMG_4534.thumb.jpg.1d148edf89a8d0a229314e946dd87ec1.jpg

On 16/04/2018 at 14:32, jampot said:

Has this been resolved Rich?

Due to collect our's on Thursday and just reviewing previous posts for points to check!

Jim

Hi Jim,  sorry I missed your post. I presume you picked up your van and hopefully everything is OK. Here is an update:

Ours went back to the factory on the 5th April and we picked it back up from the dealers on the 20th. So it was back at the factory for only 2 weeks. The scheduled time was 4-6 weeks. We have not received the repair report via the dealers but from checking the van and comparing before and after photos (checking wood grain patterns etc.) It seems that the partition wall, the washroom sliding door and the rearmost wardrobe unit have been replaced. The floor is original and the original fixing points for the wall to floor KD fixings have been utilised as there is no evidence of any previous holes. Underneath the van there is no evidence of strengthening or bracing of the floor, which still seems to have the bow in it.

The repair visually looks OK. However the replacement washroom door has an 8mm bow towards the partition wall which itself has a superficial bow towards the door. This causes the door to rub on the wall as it is slid open. I have informed the dealer who is awaiting a reply from Elddis.

Edited by Rich2020

Thanks for the update and 'after' photos Rich.

Prompt turn round is a poor substitute for a proper job I guess. I hope they eventually sort it to your satisfaction.

No major issues with ours on collection but we have only spent 5 nights in it so far. We will tow from home (Lancashire) to Sheriff Hutton and Sandringham the week after next for a fortnight away so fingers and toes are crossed at present.

Jim

Hi

My 2019 crusier floor has dropped on the first trip out,just in the same place as your.

outside of 30 days ,so have to give them a chance to repair.

has yours been repaired ok ?

Thanks 

Gary