Burrs Park Caravan Club site

Hi. Not been to this site before and have just done a booking for September. I have just rung the site to enquire about the dog walk. They told me that there is a small area on site but plenty of walks in the park. Can someone tell me if access to the country park is free and can dogs be let of leads in this area.

Thanks

Andrew

Tis free but don't know if you can let your dog run free. Probably.

But there is a field right next door to the site for dog walking. Great site. £5 taxi ride to the station where you can get a tram to the centre of Manchester. Taxi tel is 0161 797 1444.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Thanks for that WispMan.   My Boxer dog likes to have a run off the lead so need somewhere suitable.

39 minutes ago, WispMan said:

Tis free but don't know if you can let your dog run free. Probably.

But there is a field right next door to the site for dog walking. Great site. £5 taxi ride to the station where you can get a tram to the centre of Manchester. Taxi tel is 0161 797 1444.

Only costs me£3. 50 to the station by Taxi. . Just call the rank!

Dennis the dog runs freee in the Park!

Up there next week!

Edited by PR1

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Good site, we go there regularly, as friends live up the road, and I am a member of the ELR, as I like playing on proper trains!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Nice site, the only problem I had, I went out without the wife one day, when I came back and tried to open the barrier I found the button was on the pasanger side, I couldn’t open it, get back in the drivers seat, take the brake off, put it in to gear without it closing again before I set off, doesn’t help when everyone in the pub garden is watching 

3 minutes ago, Beermonster said:

Nice site, the only problem I had, I went out without the wife one day, when I came back and tried to open the barrier I found the button was on the pasanger side, I couldn’t open it, get back in the drivers seat, take the brake off, put it in to gear without it closing again before I set off, doesn’t help when everyone in the pub garden is watching 

Thats why they do “barrier sticks” in the wardens office that you can slot the barrier pass into and stick out of the window.

22 minutes ago, klyne said:

Changed a bit since the pictures.

All grass pitches now converted to hardstandings, and site extended into next field.

Now around 30 fully serviced pitches rather than just the six original ones.

Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated.  

13 hours ago, Beermonster said:

We bought a selfie stick for 3. 5 Euros. Very handy when we are on the "wrong" side in Spain. 😊

19 hours ago, Beermonster said:

Found one site just outside Sarzeau in Southern Brittany where they had the barrier key posts on both sides of the entrance, so didn't matter if you were in a left hand or right hand drive vehicle. ..........just wish more sites would adopt this practise!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, hp100425ev said:

Thats why they do “barrier sticks” in the wardens office that you can slot the barrier pass into and stick out of the window.

As it was our first time we didn’t know they had them

It’s a lovely site, walking for 2 & 4 legs through the gate opposite the pub . Try Ramsbottom for food, it’s a bit of a foodie stopover, the Levanter tapas bar is brilliant, see it’s menu on Facebook, we really like this site.

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

50 minutes ago, stevew1 said:

It’s a lovely site, walking for 2 & 4 legs through the gate opposite the pub . Try Ramsbottom for food, it’s a bit of a foodie stopover, the Levanter tapas bar is brilliant, see it’s menu on Facebook, we really like this site.

Thanks. Have booked a week in early September

On 05/02/2018 at 20:37, hp100425ev said:

Changed a bit since the pictures.

All grass pitches now converted to hardstandings, and site extended into next field.

Now around 30 fully serviced pitches rather than just the six original ones.

Thank you for, I have updated the site report, unfortunately the photos will have to wait until my next visit.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels