Jump to content

Clean Air (Crit Air) sticker - important update


Recommended Posts

I think it's because there is only one type of sticker to fix both to external bodywork (eg motorcycles) and internal glass (eg cars). Like many "universal" solutions this doesn't work perfectly for either. .....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, iansoady said:

I think it's because there is only one type of sticker to fix both to external bodywork (eg motorcycles) and internal glass (eg cars). Like many "universal" solutions this doesn't work perfectly for either. .....

When I got  my sticker last year I put the round disc in an old roadtax disc holder that I had so I can remove it when I get back in the uk and refit it when req.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/18/2018 at 18:53, Mr Plodd said:

The heating wires are INSIDE the windscreen glass, so it’s impossible for the sticker to come into contact with the them. The wires don’t get anything like hot, just slightly warm. Just apply it to the screen and stop worrying about it.

IF you contact LR customer support I am willing to put a few bob on them saying exactly the same.

Andy

Their answer which included a marked up diagram is that there is a  wide area down the side of the screen clear of the heating wires and that is where the sticker should be placed. And yes in the right light  I can see there is indeed a heater free tapered band about 100 mm wide in the lower down area of interest here.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 2/20/2018 at 13:31, hobgoblin said:

When I got  my sticker last year I put the round disc in an old roadtax disc holder that I had so I can remove it when I get back in the uk and refit it when req.

I received mine recently although these days I don't go to France so often, so, I was wondering how to fix it as a temporary removable / replaceable item.   Did you peal it off the  paper and stick it on clear plastic to insert into the tax disk holder?  Not sure if I still have an old tax disk holder and I don't suppose you can buy them now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ChrisUK said:

I received mine recently although these days I don't go to France so often, so, I was wondering how to fix it as a temporary removable / replaceable item.   Did you peal it off the  paper and stick it on clear plastic to insert into the tax disk holder?  Not sure if I still have an old tax disk holder and I don't suppose you can buy them now.

 

Why not just affix it to that vehicle? That way it cannot get lost.  Its not as if if you can use it on anything else is it?

 

Andy

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

 

Why not just affix it to that vehicle? That way it cannot get lost.  Its not as if if you can use it on anything else is it?

 

Andy

I generally don't like stickers on my screen,  in the bottom left I already have a National Trust sticker and that  irritates me.   To have a largish sticker for use once every other year is not good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ChrisUK said:

I generally don't like stickers on my screen,  in the bottom left I already have a National Trust sticker and that  irritates me.   To have a largish sticker for use once every other year is not good.

 

 

Then peel it off when you get home and bin it.  

 

Get a new one when you go next time, they only cost a few quid.

Edited by Wallace
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Wallace said:

 

 

Then peel it off when you get home and bin it.  

 

Get a new one when you go next time, they cost a couple of quid.

 

Which is why I marvel at the discussion regarding where, when and how they are needed.   My philosophy is for a couple of quid and a small sticker way down in the lower RH corner of my screen why worry.   It's there if I need it and not an issue if I don't! 

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those who are applying for the French Air Quality sticker you need to be aware that your V5C needs to be reduced in size in order for it to be accepted within the application form.   The easiest way to do this is to scan the document and then open Microsoft Paint.   Open the document in Paint and click 'Resize.'  I reduced mine to 40% and then click ok.   I saved my reduced sized document with a different name.   Go to the official French website which someone has previously provided a link to and complete the application form.   Note that when inputting to CO2 emission figure do not include the point.   It will only allow you to fill in up to three numbers.   My application was accepted immediately and I am now awaiting my sticker!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I applied for my Crit-air certificate less than three weeks ago.  

 

I scanned my full sized V5 and attached the scan to my (on line) application.  It was clearly accepted because I now have my sticker.

 

What IS required is to ensure that any file of the scanned document is below a certain Kb size.  I don’t recall what it was but by scanning at a fairly low resolution mine came within the accepted size. Perhaps by reducing the overall size of yours the file size was small enough??

 

Be sure to scan page TWO as that’s the one with the info the Crit-Air people need to see in order to determine which colour sticker you get.

 

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Must put ours in the car, had it for a while.

The online application was easy and sticker arrived in about 10 days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Derek Bebbington said:

For those who are applying for the French Air Quality sticker you need to be aware that your V5C needs to be reduced in size in order for it to be accepted within the application form.   The easiest way to do this is to scan the document and then open Microsoft Paint.   Open the document in Paint and click 'Resize.'  I reduced mine to 40% and then click ok.   I saved my reduced sized document with a different name.   Go to the official French website which someone has previously provided a link to and complete the application form.   Note that when inputting to CO2 emission figure do not include the point.   It will only allow you to fill in up to three numbers.   My application was accepted immediately and I am now awaiting my sticker!

I did my application on my iPhone 5. Took a picture of my V5C, then went to the web-site filled the form in and attached the picture of V5C, paid and job done. 16 days later sticker arrived.

 

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered mine on Friday, got an immediate reply by email confirming payment & today Sunday I have a pdf attachment on another email with the copy of the sticker on it that can be used apparently if you are traveling before the official sticker arrives . I must admit I am impressed with the efficiency of the department dealing with this, the only problem I had was with attaching the log book copy, eventually I photographed it on my IPad, emailed it to myself then copied it back from the email to my photo library whilst using the program to reduce its size from over 2mb to under 400kb, I then used the updated image to attach to the form & everything went through ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ps. My sticker cost  4. 21 euros.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/04/2018 at 16:28, ChrisUK said:

I received mine recently although these days I don't go to France so often, so, I was wondering how to fix it as a temporary removable / replaceable item.   Did you peal it off the  paper and stick it on clear plastic to insert into the tax disk holder?  Not sure if I still have an old tax disk holder and I don't suppose you can buy them now.

 

The requirement is to attach the sticker according to the instructions to avoid fraudulent use. If they were removable a  vehicle could use a higher category sticker in order to access a zone.  

It seems that police and traffic wardens can issue penalty notices to vehicles not showing a sticker but also  to those when the sticker is not correctly attached.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s no different really to the law in respect of helmets for motorcyclists in the U K 

If the chin chin strap is not secured correctly then, as far as the law is concerned, you are deemed to not wearing a helmet, so can get fined.  

 

It makes me cringe whenever you see in films or on the TV when people drop a helmet onto their head, DONT do the chin strap up and ride off into the sunset.  

I have dealt with a crash where someone had not fastened their helmet chin strap, it, and they,, parted company whilst in the air. In the battle between a human skull, and a kerbstone who do YOU reckon comes out the winner?? Not pretty doesn’t come close.

 

Andy

 

 

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, beejay said:

 

The requirement is to attach the sticker according to the instructions to avoid fraudulent use. If they were removable a  vehicle could use a higher category sticker in order to access a zone.  

It seems that police and traffic wardens can issue penalty notices to vehicles not showing a sticker but also  to those when the sticker is not correctly attached.

 

You would need to alter the registration number on it to that though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/4/2018 at 20:31, ValA said:

Keeping that link separate so that everyone can see it, the website also mentions 

The purchase of a Crit’Air badge in itself is not particularly helpful. The crucial factor in many cases is the knowledge of which vignette color may drive on which day and during which times, in which zone and which types of vehicles are affected. Here you will find more about Green-Zones’ information services in real time . ..

There is an App which you can download which will give this information, but if you don't have a smartphone don't assume that you've got the sticker and can drive anywhere and everywhere.    Those driving vintage vehicles should be especially aware whether they are eligible for a sticker at all.

What is the app please, I can not find it.   (Android)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChrisUK said:

What is the app please, I can not find it.   (Android)

The App is 'green-zones. EU' and is available for Android free.

Alan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, AlanS said:

The App is 'green-zones. EU' and is available for Android free.

Alan

https://www. crit-air. fr/nc/en/store. html

 

John.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't use the one above as it is a shop and it is 'selling' the Crit Air French sticker for 29. 65 Euros when it only costs just over 4 Euros through the proper channels. The Green Zone App link is  https://www. green-zones. EU/en/green-zones-app/info-the-green-zones-app. html

Alan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 19/02/2018 at 18:35, Jiffy176 said:

Mine didn't come off with the large square either, only the circular disk which has plenty of adhesive on it so that is how it got affixed. I suppose the risk is it might deteriorate over time but for less than a fiver a new one can be ordered. It seems a case of making something simple difficult.  

 

I've just fitted mine and encountered exactly the same problem so only the circular disc is attached without the clear square backing/surround. The video doesn't give clear instructions how to keep the surround with the disc for the interior windscreen method. It's much more clear on the video for the motorbike method.

 

My disc, as attached, looks a bit frosty/bubbly. I worry that this was caused when I removed the backing from the front of the letter but this is only the same as you do for a motorbike.  It's not been removed from the windscreen and re-attached so I'm hoping I'm OK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/02/2018 at 19:08, MHE said:

Just for reference we applied for the sticker on Sat 27 Jan and received an email saying we were covered the following Monday and the actual sticker last Friday, 2 Feb.  The biggest problem was getting the scanned copy of page 2 of the car reg document down to 400kb.

Michael

Plus one on that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I've not been on here for a while . ... been busy . .... and this thread had passed me by . ... I was catching up with Sunday Times Travel section from 29th July last Saturday and there was a small article which featured this . ....

 

We might have had a problem in September, in France. Just got the confirmation e-mail with a sticker, the proper one should arrive in the post before September.

 

Pete

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

I am just trying to apply for my sticker. It should be simple as others have said.  However, when I get to the final screen before paying, it shows me the summary on the attached picture.

 

 

 

1659710577_Ashampoo_Snap_25April2019_16h26m53s_002_.thumb.jpg.bd466cdecaef9192f4b5034fc4876087.jpg

 

My problem is, where it says 'Classe' it shows a picture of a Euro 2 sticker.  Does anyone know if this is just a generic picture? My car is Euro 5.

 

If I go ahead, a Euro 2 sticker could be very restrictive in where I could go.

 

 

John

 

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...