Barbeque for two

1 hour ago, DeeTee said:

The lightweight version on the website states: 

https://www. wowbbq. co. uk/categories/weber-spares/product/weber-hose-and-reg-kit/8482~8482#general

Looks like Patio Gas only? 

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmmm, those pictured seem awfully close to the caravans.   I don't think high heat and GRP  are a good combination.

Dont know about using a toilet roll as a sheild but If your caravan catches fire you will need one

Do you mean BBQ or glorified frying pan?   But serious comment in that the Cadac is a seriously popular piece of kit but I would hesitate to describe it as a BBQ.    As with most things all a

Posted Images

5 hours ago, fred said:

Weber baby q for us as well.   Although we do have a Weber Smokey joe  Oh yes and the next size up Weber and a Weber One touch.  Finally a Beauclair.

But  90% of the time we use the babyQ,  I find it gives 90% of the taste for 10% of the effort compared to charcoal.  Most of the Cadacs I see, seemed to be used as a frying pan on legs.  

Edit it of course sometimes they all need to be used.  

89561BC3-296B-42EB-9CCC-386CDAC38777.jpeg

Just shows you can have almost unlimited  length gas pipes and still get sufficient pressure to operate!  

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

35 minutes ago, John_b_45 said:

Just shows you can have almost unlimited  length gas pipes and still get sufficient pressure to operate!  

Funny thing is I was doing pulled pork,  something like a 6 hour cooking time.   The challenge is getting the temperature low enough.   So a pressure drop is welcomed.   I also have a high output (4kg/hr regulator) when it needs to be hot.   All depends what you are doing !

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SamD said:

It says it uses cannisters - is it cannisters only?

Mine just plugs into the external gas point on the motorhome, with a 2,5m hose

Edited by reluctant
typo

Trevor.

32 minutes ago, reluctant said:

Thanks

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

Lotus BBQ for us nowadays. Once you've tried and experienced the convenience of proper coal ready to cook in 4-5 mins, you wouldn't go back. We'd have liked one of the Aldi/Lidl ones but they don't seem to have done them in years, so we bit the bullet for a proper version.

Still have a Cadac for fry ups, but in reality we rarely use it now.

34 minutes ago, Disco4 said:

Lotus BBQ for us nowadays. Once you've tried and experienced the convenience of proper coal ready to cook in 4-5 mins, you wouldn't go back. We'd have liked one of the Aldi/Lidl ones but they don't seem to have done them in years, so we bit the bullet for a proper version.

Still have a Cadac for fry ups, but in reality we rarely use it now.

That lotus does sound good but at that price I'm just going to have to find something to do for the 20 mins it takes the coals to get ready on our cheap BBQ!

Beer. .. Wine. ... Game of Matching Pirates with the kids. ..

I struggle to buy Charcoal that isn’t coated in fire lighter not sure  ready cook in 4-5 minutes does it for me.  Hate the taste of firefighter on food.  

39 minutes ago, fred said:

I struggle to buy Charcoal that isn’t coated in fire lighter not sure  ready cook in 4-5 minutes does it for me.  Hate the taste of firefighter on food.  

Most charcoal thats sold in ready to light packs is coated in nothing its the paper bag that contains the charcoal that contains the lighting agent.

We can buy plain charcoal in Spain where we do most of our BBQs.

We've used must types of charcoal. I don't mind the easy light and we tend to use it more in the UK as we don't BBQ that much and it's very popular.

In France we use both the briquettes and cheep (lump wood?). The briquettes last longer and give off more heat. The cheap stuff seems to be ready quickly but doesn't last long. That's fine for everyday use.

Our BBQ is one of those two sided ones that sits on the ground. If you have both sides going one can be a different temp or used for pans of new potatoes etc.

HTB1WzltFpXXXXbqbpXXq6xXFXXX2.jpg

Edited by svimes

These briquettes aren't tainted.

Best I've found. Hot and long lasting.

https://www. coals2u. co. uk/supagrill-barbecue-briquettes-3kg

:excl::excl::excl:    Spanish Trip 2020 - :excl::excl::excl: - Time to bailout...

Subscribe to our Blog at the website below and read the diaries of many of our expeditions.

Caravan Ramblings blog

1 hour ago, PandR said:

These briquettes aren't tainted.

Best I've found. Hot and long lasting.

https://www. coals2u. co. uk/supagrill-barbecue-briquettes-3kg

Bag is too small at 3kg.   We normally buy the 6kg bag of briquettes from Sainsbury as they last a long time.

On 23/01/2018 at 13:15, Czech connection said:

Cadac Safari Chef, easy to fold up into it's bag and store, does for us, even better when the  German motorhomers on the next pitch provide the local wine. Camping Erden, on the banks of the River Mosel, Germany

DSCF6565.JPG

Are you using canisters or connection to van?

3 hours ago, Durbanite said:

Bag is too small at 3kg.   We normally buy the 6kg bag of briquettes from Sainsbury as they last a long time.

Try this.

https://www. coals2u. co. uk/supagrill-briquette-charcoal-5kg

Better than that available in the supermarkets

:excl::excl::excl:    Spanish Trip 2020 - :excl::excl::excl: - Time to bailout...

Subscribe to our Blog at the website below and read the diaries of many of our expeditions.

Caravan Ramblings blog

17 hours ago, fred said:

Lotus do their own charcoal, made small chip in order to fit in the hopper of their BBQ properly.   Not the cheapest but a bag lasts forever due to the efficiency of the design.   The only firelighter involved is a squirt of gel on the bottom plate - no taste or smell.

Agree on the pre-packaged stuff - at home I use a Kamado Joe and avoid any of the "quick light" stuff like the plague. ..just need a single cube firelighter and proper chimney starter.   It'll never be ready for cooking in 4-5 minutes like a Lotus though. ...

There was one in the Morven in a forest that only allowed electric ones,we couldn't buy one anywhere. ..

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/01/2018 at 16:14, bazzeruk said:

Anyone used the Weber " Go anywhere"

Yep, fantastic small portable charcoal BBQ. .....even big enough to cook a small whole chicken in . ......👍

• 1 year later...

Cadac  2cook2 for us every time, connected to the caravan on a 2.5 metre hose (not on the A frame like some)

Cooks great, easy to clean and packs into its own flat bag along with the hotplates.  Perfect for 2 people who like to keep the van free of cooking smells.  Well made and very good for the money.  Powerful enough to cook for 4 if needed.    

This is the one most suited to us that we have tried and we have tried a few, even the much praised and overpriced Weber

We’ve tried all sorts in our caravanning career. The Cadac is the one we come back to as it’s so versatile. A Weber is just a barbecue, that’s all it can do whereas the Cadac can do it all, Broil, bake,roast, we’ve done paella, bolognese as well as perfectly cooked steaks and fish.  Whole chickens and meat joints too. Really easy to clean, can’t understand those that moan about it being difficult. We only use the paella pan most of the time with the tapas dishes and the ribbed plate. Set up and ready to cook on in a couple of minutes without all the choking,  anti-social smoke and uncontrollable heat of a traditional wood or charcoal bbq. 😷

On 24/01/2018 at 16:19, reluctant said:

The Baby Q comes with the connection for canisters but it's an easy job to swap the hose for one that plugs into the van.  We have two - one I have converted and the other runs from a canister so we can use it when we're not in the van.  The canisters are large and last for absolutely ages.

I've tried all sorts of gas BBQs and the Weber is by far the best - and easy to clean!

VW Touareg Escape towing a 2018 Knaus Starclass 695

Can’t beat a Cadac.  If you want a frying pan on legs with good PR😂

To  be fair you can do decent Roasties on them.   But for the main event Weber Q all the way.  Do a full English on ours as well btw. 

AF5695D5-ED70-458C-9410-BD273F7FD132.jpeg

A8E141F8-F4A3-4B16-B5DA-C757D0A1E801.jpeg