A tip for all Buccaneer owners

Above the front windows there is a rail where you can see the screws that hold it in place.   In order to disguise the screws you can purchase this Awning Rail Plastic Insert/Trim to cover the screws heads.   Certainly looks a lot better.   I got this off the Facebook page for Buccaneer Owners so cannot claim credit for coming up with the idea.

• Like 1

Now thats interesting in so far as i took mine in for the recall to the top sky light to a elddis service agent near me. Straight away he said you have lost your trim cover or its never been fitted. He contacted elddis who said it should have been picked  up in the pdi so go and whistle.  So you are saying they never ever fitted one . Poor. But thanks for the link.

Just checked our 2017 van surprise surprise ours has not got the strip cover either,Elddis continue to amaze me with zero attitude to quality control or should i say total lack of it.  

Never seen a Buccaneer with it fitted as standard, mine cost £2 from Catterick. Dead easy to fit if you warm it up in some hot water first.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

On 1/22/2018 at 10:01, Durbanite said:

Above the front windows there is a rail where you can see the screws that hold it in place.   In order to disguise the screws you can purchase this Awning Rail Plastic Insert/Trim to cover the screws heads.   Certainly looks a lot better.   I got this off the Facebook page for Buccaneer Owners so cannot claim credit for coming up with the idea.

Hi Durbanite - Thanks for the hint but not picking up my new Cruiser till late Feb so can you tell me if that is inside or outside of the van?  I assume its inside but would like to know so I can check that on PDI as well.

Bazalab

3 hours ago, Bazalab said:

Hi Durbanite - Thanks for the hint but not picking up my new Cruiser till late Feb so can you tell me if that is inside or outside of the van?  I assume its inside but would like to know so I can check that on PDI as well.

Bazalab

It appears the strip is not a standard fitment for these top of the range vans. You have to spend half the amount you have paid to get a nicely finished van. So unless you can convince your dealer its missing😉 you will have to fund it yourself.  

13 hours ago, CraigP2005 said:

It appears the strip is not a standard fitment for these top of the range vans. You have to spend half the amount you have paid to get a nicely finished van. So unless you can convince your dealer its missing😉 you will have to fund it yourself.  

Less hassle just to but it yourself as cost is under £3. 00 for 3m.

I agree it is cheap and an easy fix but I totally agree with Craig,there attention to detail is a joke.

14 minutes ago, pete260 said:

I agree it is cheap and an easy fix but I totally agree with Craig,there attention to detail is a joke.

Thanks guys, I have added that to my PDI list for the dealer to check as well.

Bazalab

BTW make sure that you soak it in hot water first to make it pliable.   Try and fit it in the summer as I really struggled this morning due to the cold and had to leave half of it.   However the part that I have managed to fit looks really good.

• Thanks 1

Good spot Durbanite. I think ours is missing too as i recall tut tutting at the sight of the screw heads. I'll check when we get home. (Ran away to Lanzarote for a month to escape winter and Aussie flu) 👍🙏

. .....still feel like that some days. :) But not when D4 is hooked up to Commodore.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought our new van, an Elddis Avante 840, from the NEC in October, picked it up a couple of weeks back and the trim was missing. Dealer advised it's they way Elddis send them out the tight g***s. It has niggled me since so I ordered the rubber as per Durbanite's post. Just got to wait until the 18th March now when the site opens and my van comes out of storage as no access to it until then. Only had one night in it so far, cant wait to get some use out of it :D

That is a long time to wait.   We are using our caravan next weekend even though it is still cold.   We have access to our caravan all year round and would never store on a site that shuts down for the winter.

I’m pretty certain the fitting of this strip has been asked of Elddis previously and there is no infill strip fitted at build.  

Buccaneer Cruiser 2017 - Jeep Grand Cherokee

One day i hope to have enough money to live the life my wife lives.