Orange

Remoska cooker

I seem to remember that these cookers have quite a following amongst caravanners.

Lakeland are selling a ‘Special Edition’ model at half price, down from £180 to £90.

Edited by Orange

Anyone use a Remoska cooker in there caravan? Sold by Lakeland it has great reviews by caravaners. If you have one let me know what you think even you had one and hate it.

Brilliant bit of kit. Everything takes 45 minutes to cook. Some great recipes in the blurb and the Remoska cookbook that you can buy at Lakeland. We've had meals from a combo breakfast through evening one pot meals to chocolate cake from ours. We used it in both our oven-less motorhomes and our two Eriba Trolls. They have an inherent defect in that eventually steam gets through the lid seals and onto the element, causing a short. Not a great problem as Lakeland cover them with their lifetime guarantee. We are currently on our third. We often use it in the house as it saves firing up the oven.

Put Remoska into search and you will find seven pages of threads. ......most of which are ex Lakeland purchases.

geoff

Everything takes 45 minutes to cook.

What even a boiled egg??   :)

Another thread started same subject this afternoon.

geoff

Probably, if you count bringing the water up to boiling in the timing. 

2 minutes ago, shipbroker said:

Another thread started same subject this afternoon.

geoff

Merged

We have two Romoskas. The newest (about 9 yrs old) lives in the caravan and the oldest (about 14 yrs old) lives in the house. We use them daily for cooking all sorts.  

Ours are the older version which have 400watt elements.

We think the current Romoska is well over priced compared to what we paid, but the special offer mentioned sounds excellent.

3 hours ago, Ern said:

We have two Romoskas. The newest (about 9 yrs old) lives in the caravan and the oldest (about 14 yrs old) lives in the house. We use them daily for cooking all sorts.  

Ours are the older version which have 400watt elements.

We think the current Romoska is well over priced compared to what we paid, but the special offer mentioned sounds excellent.

The 2l models are still 400w. It’s only your 4l models that are 580w.

i don’t see any half price models on Lakeland’s website??

14 minutes ago, ericfield said:

The 2l models are still 400w. It’s only your 4l models that are 580w.

i don’t see any half price models on Lakeland’s website??

No. I looked to see if there was a bargain, but didn't find one. Ah well, well keep going with the two we've got!

As said, when you buy one you get it for life. We've had ours for 11 years, but actually we're on our third, all swapped without quibble and for free by Lakeland. I suspect that's partly why the initial price is a bit high.

We too are on our third one. We have swapped because the non stick on the lid started to peel in each case. We use it in and outside the caravan to keep the heat and smell of cooking outside.

Posted (edited)

Lakeland 'Lifetime Guarantee' is now limited to 3 years! Use our Remoska daily in both the house and caravan and Mrs Marchie makes great vegetable stews and muffins [not at the same time ...] in it.

I have a technical role as taste tester and restaurant reviewer :rolleyes:

Steve

Edited by marchie1053

On 17/01/2018 at 17:15, burtspieeater said:

Everything takes 45 minutes to cook.

What even a boiled egg??   :)

unless you want it hard boiled...if so add two minutes!  :lol:

We hope to get away from our hovel in France this week and take Gobby, our Gobur Folding Caravan to a couple of camping municipal sites where we plan to stick to a 6 amp EHU. We have the Remoska [400W] and have added a Morphy Richards Slow Cooker {145W] so may even be able to use the low voltage kettle at the same time!

Mrs Marchie has been testing the Remoska and Slow Cooker in the house to produce wholemeal bread in the former and homemade soup in the latter. Time to check how things work in the confines of the caravan [fresh with 2 new sockets after I melted the Toaster Cool Wall with the Remoska on the ridiculously small 'work surface' ...:rolleyes:

Steve

Update on 22 May post.

Only managed 9 nights away because of delayed departure [overrun on [almost] finishing off the new parking space for the caravan] and early return because of storm force winds and rain. However, Remoska and Slow Cooker combo worked perfectly on 6 amp EHU. Mrs Marchie used the Slow Cooker to caramelise batches of onions overnight to accompany fresh mushroom paté; only problem was that I woke in the wee small hours to the irresistable smell of onions and was starving!

6 Amp supply was more than adequate - often had Remoska and Slow Cooker on at the same time whilst hot water heater still on + fridge running. Thought that using the coffee percolator would trip the supply, but managed to avoid confessing to the Site Warden, so quite happy! All kit is low power stuff and I have a running list of each item's power consumption to avoid tripping the system.

Had we been able to get this set up in place for the Winter trip to Spain, the lower electric supply would have saved just shy of €100 on site fees. A repeat for Winter 2019 means that the Remoska and Slow Cooker will have paid for themselves.

Steve