isn

avondale manuals

just acquired my first van avondale malvern leda

I think it is an early 90s van from what i can gather but desperately need a user manual. where can i find one please?

You are in luck as we have an Avondale expert here who should be able to help to get a manual. His name is Gordon and he is part of the Admin. Given time he will find thus thread.

many thanks by the way my name is ian and new to site and caravaning in general

i will tow this van with a merc c220 diesel estate will this be big enough?

Your towing capacities will be in the handbook and on a sticker in the door jamb. The mass of the caravan varied during production. My C4 Grand Picasso is capable of towing it if that is is of any help. You can find the specs for your caravan below:

https://www. gocaravanning. com/caravan-specs/Avondale-Caravan-Data. html

Hi Ian,
I've emailed an Avondale handbook to your registered address.
Regards,
Gordon.

Hi Isn/Gordon.

A friend of mine has just purchased a 1996-98 Avondale (Leda?) Chiltern 2 beth caravan. As she is new to the world of touring caravans I was wondering if there are any available handbooks or manuals for this model or similar models that would help her along the learning curve . My experience (chief tow man!)  is with campervans so any additional information would really benefit both of us.

I was also wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a hitch lock for this van. It has a Alko Euro  Axle chassis if that helps. I have been through the Alko website but it keeps telling me that there are no suitable products. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated although i notice that the cost of some locks are  a significant proportion of the total value of the caravan! So although the extra security is of value we are primarily purchasing  this to comply with the caravan insurers  requirements.

Hope you can help

Kind regards

Timit

hi got a avondale leda pennine most probably 88-90 wondered if anyone had manual mainly for wiring,waterpump,heaters etc. ...and control uses as its confusing me lol . .. solid van still lots of use left just purchased . .. thanks in advance rick

11 hours ago, chunk1968 said:

hi got a avondale leda pennine most probably 88-90 wondered if anyone had manual mainly for wiring,waterpump,heaters etc. ...and control uses as its confusing me lol . .. solid van still lots of use left just purchased . .. thanks in advance rick

Hi

for water heaters and room heaters go to Garys site www. arcsystems. biz/

If it has a Zig control panel  http://www. freewebs. com/12voltsdc/

Both offer free down loads for personal use

Dave

14 hours ago, chunk1968 said:

Please see my email sent to your registered address.
Gordon

thanks gordon great information most still relevent to older model 

Hi Gordon, could you please check your direct messages?

On 18/01/2018 at 17:59, Gordon said:

Hi Ian,
Regards,
Gordon.

Hi Gordon, hope you don't mind but could you please email me the manual for a pennine 1996 many thanks Gary

22 hours ago, Gary Davis said:

Hi Gordon, hope you don't mind but could you please email me the manual for a pennine 1996 many thanks Gary

Your wish is my command. Please check your emails.

Gordon.

Hi peeps, anyone have an Avondale Rialto 550-4 2001 manual lying around or possibly an online source. Thanks in advance

Edited by TaranJohn

1 hour ago, TaranJohn said:

Hi peeps, anyone have an Avondale Rialto 550-4 2001 manual lying around

An Avondale manual is printed specifically for 2001 models but it's a generic one which covers all the models built in that year.   

On 10/06/2018 at 15:28, TaranJohn said:

Hi peeps, anyone have an Avondale Rialto 550-4 2001 manual lying around or possibly an online source. Thanks in advance

Hi TaranJohn,

Please check your emails.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon for the Email. Spot on! Can’t wait to take her out now.  

Hi, 

A bit of a long shot but anyone out there have a digital version of the 1978 Avondale Osprey manual?

or does anyone know the unladen weight of them?

many thanks,

joe 

We have an Avondale expert, Gordon, on this forum. Given time he will see your post and respond.

Bear in mind that he may be away this weekend.

• Thanks 1

Cant help with the first question but the second one will be 810Kgs or there abouts.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to you both, the unladen weight is the most important bit at this point. I will hopefully find a manual at some point.  

Thanks 

Joe 

10 hours ago, Joer90 said:

Hi, 

A bit of a long shot but anyone out there have a digital version of the 1978 Avondale Osprey manual?

or does anyone know the unladen weight of them?

many thanks,

joe 

Hi Joe,

The best way to be certain of the ULW is to empty the caravan and take it to a public weighbridge. The published ULW of the 1978 Avondale Osprey is 15.75 cwt (812Kgs) and the MGW is  19.5 cwt (990Kgs).

I don't have a 1978 handbook so I've emailed you a 1973 version that I hope will be some help.

Gordon.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the responses and thank you Gordon for the handbook it is most informative.

im now the proud owner of a 1978 Osprey which is very exciting, can’t wait to collect her on the weekend. It’s in very good condition and should be ready to roll fairly soon.

thanks again,

joe

Edited by Joer90
  • Like 1

On 18/01/2018 at 17:59, Gordon said:

Hi Ian,
Regards,
Gordon.

Hi can I get a copy of manual plz many thanks

12 hours ago, Liam mr said:

Hi can I get a copy of manual plz many thanks

Checking your profile I see you have a 1995 Leda Grampian so I'll email you an appropriate handbook.

Gordon.