Review: VOLVO XC60 D5 AWD Auto.

lunarloopy

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

• 1 year later...

What weight caravan did you tow?

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

tags: inspirational, optimism, perception, pessimism

We are extremely pleased with ours, exactly the same version, 2017 model with a host of extras. Handles our Bailey U3 Pamplona TA  (upgraded to 1800 kg MTPLM) very capably.  Plenty of “grunt” and, surprisingly, far better fuel consumption than our 2litre Audi A4 and A5s both while  solo and when they were towing our previous U3 Vigo (uprated to 1550kg MTPLM).  Also, achieves Euro6 compliance without the hassle of using AdBlue. Has its little Volvo ”quirks” - E.g. handbrake switch position and wiper “flick” switch control are counterintuitive and take a while to get used to when switching XC60<>A5 but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another when change time comes - but of course this model has sadly now been superseded.

DrBob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Amongst our cars we have the se nav version on a 65 plate. great car,but i do like volvo as a whole.only gripe is a little hard on the suspension over speed humps.not like our older v70 xc that was like on a cloud

• I agree completely 1

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.