Sign in to follow this  
thesecretcaravanner

Satellite sockets as standard ?

I have bought a Willerby Avonmore 2014,does it have satellite  sockets as standard ?

No  access to the van at the moment so can't get a look.

The 2017 doesn't according  to a friend that has one in The Lakes . ...he fitted his own for little money.

geoff

Very easy to fit your own.

They are not 'satellite' sockets as such, they are just known as F-type. They have the advantage of being a fairly good/good fit onto the cable but more importantly they screw on to the mating connector so they don't get pulled out by accident like a normal TV plug - incidently known as a Belling-Lee plug.

You can buy F-type plugs and back-to-back adapters in packs of 10 for a few quid a pack from Screwfix, where you can also get WF100 cable to match in 25/50/100m lengths. You will only need a sharp knife (Stanley?) and a pair of small snips to be able to make up cables - there is plenty of instruction on line how to do it.

Thanks for the replies, I didn't  think they would be there.

So Screwfix it is! :)

AS an aside I noticed that even 2018 tourers  are still  coming with  only 1 satellite connector.