ATMB Tag annual renewal

Received what looks like a renewal letter today ( I don’t really speak much French). We have had the tag a few months and used it on holiday. Any idea what I’m supposed to do now?

Ern

Without seeing what you have it's impossible to be certain! 

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

I just thought as it’s a standard letter that everyone would get one, and those who have had the tag longer than a year would know all about it.

Ern

Had my ATMB tag for about 3 years, I've not had a letter from them so far, but the thing doesn't ' renew' as such, it just wakes up the next time you approach a toll.

Could it be a warning that the credit card you have logged is about to expire?

At worse put it on here and somebody will run it through Google Translate.

If I do get a letter I'll tell you what it says !!

• Like 1

Lunar Clubman SB 2013 following a Hyundai Tucson MHEV 4x4 2 ltr 185 hp Premium SE (2019)

10 minutes ago, Millstone said:

Had my ATMB tag for about 3 years, I've not had a letter from them so far, but the thing doesn't ' renew' as such, it just wakes up the next time you approach a toll.

Check your credit card that is the only time apart from the invoice they write to me!

If that is so somewhere on there will be xxxx last numbers of c/card

Edited by MGBGTV8

Now living in Haute Vienne France

Well I think I have it sorted. I used good old Google Translate to figure out the letter (took ages because the letter came by post, and  its just an image when you scan it), so  I had to type the letter into Google. Near the end of the letter it states " your credit card expires end of December. ......"  Checked the card, No it doesn't. No it doesn't because it was renewed recently. !

Guess who never thought of ATMB when the credit card was renewed?

Ern

3 hours ago, Millstone said:

Well done Millstone.

• Like 1

Ern

To read the renewal letter try using Google translate, cut and paste the French text into Google translate and you'll immediately get a translation which you can either read on screen or cut and paste (and therefore save) into any other program.   For those who are not familiar with Google translate it works in multiple languages and whilst of course it isn't as accurate as a personal interpreter it will provide a perfectly usable translation.   

Just been into my ATMB account and some red text tells my that my credit card is soon to expire and to put new details in.

'Soon' in this case means the end of Feb 2018.

hawkaye :beardy:

I must say that if my French wasn't up to it I would not get the tag from a French web site but would pay the extra for the UK offering. It does seem odd to sign up for something for which you can't understand the terms and conditions, and the ATMB web site can be a bit challenging in places.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2, 1955 Francis Barnett Cruiser 75

I have the tag and recently had the reminder letter to ask me to update the credit card details.

I love the tag for the time and hassle it saves in France.

Yes, it takes a while to go through Google Translate to see what they are saying, and then to update the card details. .. Possibly longer than I save going through the toll booths!

But it is time when I am sat at home, not sat in a queue of traffic so I still think it is worth it.

Trevor.

The ATMB tag is much better value then the Sanef UK one.

Takes just a few seconds to copy and paste anything on their web site or in an email they have sent out into Google translate as has been said. Personally I have never had anything from them 'hard copy' it's always been electronic.

The thing I got from them last week was a customer satisfaction survey.

Hi just reading about the ATMB tag on here thinking of getting one  can you use in Spain as well as France or do I have to have two or is there one  you can use for both countries

Les

34 minutes ago, myone said:

Hi just reading about the ATMB tag on here thinking of getting one  can you use in Spain as well as France or do I have to have two or is there one  you can use for both countries

Les

I don't believe the ATMB tag works on the Spanish system. I am happy to be corrected but I believe you need a separate tag for them.

Ed. A quick check on their web site would seem to indicate it's France only.

https://www. atmb. com/en

Further ed - Sanef UK do both types of tag.

https://www. saneftolling. co. uk/subscription/?field_your_resource=product_module/tag_spain

Edited by Wallace

From issued June 16th last SANEF Tags do work in Spain too. ...understand that ATMB ones will also but there is a premium per trip of 'x' euros. .probably up to 5 I would think.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

On 27/12/2017 at 23:57, jetA1 said:

To read the renewal letter try using Google translate, cut and paste the French text into Google translate and you'll immediately get a translation which you can either read on screen or cut and paste (and therefore save) into any other program.   For those who are not familiar with Google translate it works in multiple languages and whilst of course it isn't as accurate as a personal interpreter it will provide a perfectly usable translation.   

I think you are missing the point. The letter came by post. You cannot cut and paste a letter received by post. There are Word recognition programmes but they are not very good. The words have to be typed into Google which is a rather long and slow job.

Edited by Ern
  • Like 1

Ern

26 minutes ago, shipbroker said:

From issued June 16th last SANEF Tags do work in Spain too. ...understand that ATMB ones will also but there is a premium per trip of 'x' euros. .probably up to 5 I would think.

geoff

I've just looked on the ATMB website and can't find anything to suggest that they offer anything that works in Spain - indeed in their FAQ's it states that the tag can only be used in France.

Suffolk Coast, Bailey U3 Vigo, Hyundai Tucson Premium SE 2. 0

2 minutes ago, Chalky9 said:

I've just looked on the ATMB website and can't find anything to suggest that they offer anything that works in Spain - indeed in their FAQ's it states that the tag can only be used in France.

Got my info from another website Chalky where it was mentioned, as was Bip&Go. ..which has a partnership deal,apparently, with Sanef. ..but it does appear that there is confusion as to the use of a UK address in application. .some saying it is French ( or Benelux,German or Netherlands) addresses only. ............but there does seem to be some more confusion as some had tags issued more than 10 years ago that do work. ..........so I will retract my view ( or rather views of others) as to ATMB!

cheers

geoff

• Like 1

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

19 minutes ago, Ern said:

I think you are missing the point. The letter came by post. You cannot cut and paste a letter received by post. There are Word recognition programmes but they are not very good. The words have to be typed into Google which is a rather long and slow job.

You can actually use Google Translate to take a photo  of a page of text and translate it. It's not perfect but you can get the gist.

Suffolk Coast, Bailey U3 Vigo, Hyundai Tucson Premium SE 2. 0

I managed to get some additional tag windscreen mounts from ATMB by writing them a letter first in English and then whizzing it through Google translate.

(My french is not brilliant)

It must have translated OK because a few days later two spare mounts arrived from France! They were from memory free too and Sanef UK charge for them (or rather they used to and possibly still do).

24 minutes ago, Chalky9 said:

You can actually use Google Translate to take a photo  of a page of text and translate it. It's not perfect but you can get the gist.

Speech works too ISTR, but then if you can read and speak French that well you probably don't need Google's help!

But OK for doing from English to another language though. (It only works with Google Chrome I believe and of course you need a mike.)

Edited by Wallace