How strange?

pcvdave

On 12/12/2017 at 19:27, Paul_B said:

Doing it proper :)

DSC_0028.JPG

That's not proper, there's only one keg.   :rolleyes:

I'm not afraid of hard work,  I'm terrified of it! If you don't swear when you're driving, you're not paying attention! I like children but can't eat a whole one.  If you can't say something nice, don't say anything! Don't call me an idiot, I would take it as a compliment. Not all my ducks are in a row, some are missing and I think one is a pigeon. I know my place, under my wife's thumb!

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/12/2017 at 18:12, Mike777 said:

Do people still reverse on to pitches:o

Me too. With a twin axle, the turning radius is less than you can achieve with the car. So the mover gets used for any levelling or lining up the wheel lock.

On 12/8/2017 at 18:12, Mike777 said:

Do people still reverse on to pitches:o

I do, and I have a motor mover.   :D

Same here as I like to test my skills and use the mover as a last resort or just to line up the caravan.   If I can no longer reverse onto a pitch then maybe it is time to stop driving?  :D

On 13/12/2017 at 14:36, philspot said:

I generally put a tool box and battery drill (in its box, with spare battery, etc) between the front seats when towing.   They fit quite snugly and give just the right amount of extra noseweight required after loading all our standard stuff.  

Wow! I have a tiny 11v battery drill that weights next to nothing, and I keep a very small set of tools that is always in the car nestled in the spare wheel, largely unused. It has just a couple of spanners, and screwdrivers and weighs no more than a kilogram. The above quote is like having a full aquaroll.

Mitsubishi ASX4

Interests, none worth mentioning. Just plain boring most of the time, and very boring the rest.

How about if you are a site owner and you don't want damage you have a rule  that vans with motor movers only are accepted?

How about those that don't like it use their discretion and not use said site?

How about those 4 wheel drivers in their smugness, as they drive out of the gate of a rather muddy site, look behind them to check for damage to the ground?

How about those who have movers use their discretion s to whether use them or not?

How bout those without movers leave those with alone to use their discretion?

How about. .................choices, choices and individuality. ........Noooooo, CT  WOULDN'T BE THE SAME !

Regards,

Ian(with tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Edited by ian dunning
Mistakes.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

On 09/12/2017 at 16:58, Stevan said:

A limited ability at reversing is a standard driving test requirement, so all drivers should have some ability.

Totally agree . The ability to reverse a vehicle is a legal requirement as a qualified driver and have a motor mover does not replace this requirement . There are situations when towing on the road that the need to reverse is required .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

On 1/5/2018 at 10:42, thebriars said:

Wow! I have a tiny 11v battery drill that weights next to nothing, and I keep a very small set of tools that is always in the car nestled in the spare wheel, largely unused. It has just a couple of spanners, and screwdrivers and weighs no more than a kilogram. The above quote is like having a full aquaroll.

My drill + toolbox is not really that heavy - honest; but it does give just the right noseweight!!

• Like 1

If at first you don't succeed, it may be best to give up.