Sign in to follow this  
Triumph Guy

YouTube videos

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post. Has anybody watched any of the caravan videos that are out there? There has been some useful and interesting videos ranging from the "how-to"s to the bus conversions.

Thoughts?

I suspect that many of us have watched many of them. Some of them are entertaining (if you like that sort of thing), some are informative and a few are a little misleading. A bit like everything on the net really!

• Like 1

If I had not seen the Isabella videos on putting an awning up we would still be in the ‘divorce in a bag’ camp instead of enjoying our full awning every time we go away, even for a weekend.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For a REAL laugh take a look at the below ESPECIALLY at around the 7 minute mark, priceless!!!

• Haha 2

I watched the one of, I think a Honda CRV  towing a caravan trying to cut in front of what I presume is a lorry at a slip road. The lorry rightly or wrongly held its ground and the CRV ended up across the road.

Also seen the one of car and caravan seemingly trying to overtake a lorry at a traffic island, made a real mess of the caravan.

macafee2

Yes the CRV driver found out the hard way.

You should always ensure you’re in the correct lane in plenty of time.

That means you just slow down a bit and concentrate when you’re getting anywhere near your exit.

Arrive Alive is my motto

On 07/12/2017 at 20:10, macafee2 said:

I watched the one of, I think a Honda CRV  towing a caravan trying to cut in front of what I presume is a lorry at a slip road. The lorry rightly or wrongly held its ground and the CRV ended up across the road.

Also seen the one of car and caravan seemingly trying to overtake a lorry at a traffic island, made a real mess of the caravan.

macafee2

I have seen both, IMHO the lorry driver deserved sacking too. The Highway Code is clear you should give way to avoid an accident, he actively obstructed the terrible driving from the CRV and had he given way instead of being an idiot it wouldn’t have happened.  

51 minutes ago, John W said:

I have seen both, IMHO the lorry driver deserved sacking too. The Highway Code is clear you should give way to avoid an accident, he actively obstructed the terrible driving from the CRV and had he given way instead of being an idiot it wouldn’t have happened.  

Agree totally. I have seen the Honda crv video and agree that just because you have the right of way doesn't mean you carry on enforcing it when if you could have backed off and avoid a collision.

Both drivers were idiots.

YouTube is a tremendous resource for just about anything. One aspect I find particularly useful is researching how to do jobs on the car, I have quite a collection of Haynes manuals that I've acquired over the years for cars I've owned,  but these days there is no need, just type  question into YT search engine and there is almost certainly an answer there. Much of the material is posted from other countries and so the sound track might not be in English, but that isn't a problem  if the video is OK

2 hours ago, jetA1 said:

YouTube is a tremendous resource for just about anything. One aspect I find particularly useful is researching how to do jobs on the car, I have quite a collection of Haynes manuals that I've acquired over the years for cars I've owned,  but these days there is no need, just type  question into YT search engine and there is almost certainly an answer there. Much of the material is posted from other countries and so the sound track might not be in English, but that isn't a problem  if the video is OK

Absolutely agree.  I work on pretty much every make and model of car for my job, (less so as I’m easing into retirement!) and if I’m ever scratching my head as to how to remove a door lock or find a cabin filter you can bet there’ll be a video on YouTube for it.  You can always find the correct procedure for resetting the pesky service interval reminders too.  

Some years ago I put together a computer - and it worked.   The hardest part was being sure I had the matching components but from that point on YouTube provided the answers.

Since then I have built 4 more computers - presently one  with very high spec.   (which includes 3 monitors, 2 side monitors of 27" and a central one of 40"), and likely to be all I need for a few years.   (Ok, I don't just sit around watching this forum!) 

My vote certainly goes to YouTube although some of you will no doubt recall the recent post I made referring you to a couple erecting an awning using the "pull it along" rope thingy!  "An Educational Video" I think I called it! 

Just suggests care in choice of video is still needed.  

Youtube is much like everything on the internet, some is entertaining, some is informative and some is misleading or just plain wrong!

It is up to the viewer to be aware of this and choose what to believe.

Love you tube, watched caravan stuff and how to put up an awning.

But there's good research stuff too, learnt how to block pave my drive via you tube, I did a small extra section.

But my favourite of all time, and there's a few versions is "Christian the Lion". Watch that and then tell me animals are dumb! Oh and have tissues to hand 

19 hours ago, jetA1 said:

some make/model car forums are first class. would not recommend a BMW forum for x 3 I used. useless but another forum for another make of car gave me all the info i needed. The knowledge of those on the forum is second to none. Members that don't even know each other meet up and help with jobs on their cars.

macafee2

Use youtube all the time. As has been said there's going to someone who has made a video of what you need to know. Mrs W taught herself how to make stained glass windows & fused glass products on youtube & now does the same with her quilting.  

I've fixed more a few cars or added bits in after watching youtube. Not wt he'd much caravanning stuff though unless it's been posted on here.  

Watch loads of old music on it too, but don't download any of it, honest :ph34r:

My son-in-law built a CNC plasma cutter from YouTube videos and I built the control panel for it from YT videos. The frame was made from part of the film set  of Assasins Creed. Nothing gets wasted here!

Yes, YT is useful if you need to work out how to do something. The intent of this thread was for your thoughts on the caravan videos including the vloggers.  

Sign in to follow this