Sign in to follow this  
keithjl

kia

hi

kia are doing free sat nav updates just booked my kia for upgrade

just google kia navigation map

Many thanks for letting us know. I hope my car which is only 4 weeks old has the latest software update and the latest maps. I will check tomorrow and see what version I have installed.

Alan

Did mine this afternoon.   Don't believe the instructions that say it will only take a couple of minutes.   Once on the memory stick it took about 20 mins. in total after plugging into the car.    Simple procedure except the instruction to leave the engine running,  presumably to stop the unit timing out.  

Can't see any difference in the program so far so presumably just map updates for me.   We shall see.

hi Alan

did you take your to a kia dealership they told me can take up to 2hours mine is booked in tomorrow

Hi Keith

I had a look today at my Satnav and checked the software version and the latest version of the maps and they don't relate at all to anything in the links I found by googling kia navigation update. I have found plenty of sites that offer free map updates for Kia cars but I am a little bit wary.

I will have to speak to my dealer next week when I take my car in to have the correct dedicated towing wiring harness installed rather than what they put in.

Alan

hi Alan 

kia dealerships are doing a free update on sat navs my sorento is 2014  software version 7. 5. 4 the new update is 7. 5. 8 if you google kia navigation maps it takes you to kia home page saying free updates I phoned my dealer to update my sorento booked in tomorrow

No downloaded it and put it on a memory stick as per the instructions.  Then just followed the idiot sheet.  Looks to be working fine.  

hi

just had mine updated 7. 7. 4 version at kia garage free of charge

Hope Subaru take a leaf out of Kia’s book, not holding my breath though, I’m certainly not going to stump up the nearly £200 pounds that they want for an update.

Went to my dealers today to have the tow bar electrics replaced and found that the Map Software for the 2017 Sorentos is different to the one advertised as having a free map update for previous versions having the 'Here' mapping.