No, but I have had my larger awning reduced to fit a smaller van. Believe it is possible to have an panel inserted in the roof of the awning to extend the length.  If your awning is an Isabella, talk to their office in the UK for details. Good luck.

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

Yes.   Our awning was too small by about 3 ft so we bought an Isabella leg set through our dealers. it cost just over £80 and works well.  

2017 Lunar Solaris 462, Mercedes B200 Exec CDI Auto

We have a cut down full Isabella awning which we use as a large porch during the winter

IMG_0612.JPG

Further to my earlier post, I don't think you'll find an Isabella leg set in their 2017 catalogue or on their website.   Seems it is made up of 4 separate parts that are used on their other awnings.   The parts you'll need are:

Item Number           Qty                Description

999100zBS                  1                   Zinox BS-pole T-Rex

900000031                  1                   Combi pad

900060128                   2                  Double click profile

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

2017 Lunar Solaris 462, Mercedes B200 Exec CDI Auto

Further to the above and the Isabella video i have an awning which is to small for my van and would like to use it as a porch. From what i see it looks as if the modified awnings fits to the rear of the rail. What i would like to do is use the front rail and cut along the side as my porch goes through the window, cutting down a larger awning would alleviate this. So the question is does it need to be the rear of the rail or would it work using the front of the rail.

Arra best 

Beetee

"To convince a man against his will he'll be of the same opinion still" Robert Burns 1759-1796

Swift Elegance 645 towcars Audi A6 Allroad 320horses,

15 minutes ago, BWT said:

Further to the above and the Isabella video i have an awning which is to small for my van and would like to use it as a porch. From what i see it looks as if the modified awnings fits to the rear of the rail. What i would like to do is use the front rail and cut along the side as my porch goes through the window, cutting down a larger awning would alleviate this. So the question is does it need to be the rear of the rail or would it work using the front of the rail.

Arra best 

Beetee

I see no reason why it can't work for either - it's just a matter of where the cut is in the awning piping.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

8 hours ago, BWT said:

Arra best 

Beetee

ours has been modified to fit to the front as a combi awning, it is an Isabella Capri Lux and was modified by Isabella themselves.

combiawning.thumb.jpg.44b69b15eb2c14a04793b46a40c56c33.jpg

We have a Cartagena twin axle and use an air ace 400. Plenty of space and don’t have an iasue

ED416E7A-BBC6-49B6-B59D-DEDF964D7BBA.thumb.jpeg.0d25420be279345444bbac4e871d7d79.jpeg

we’ve also just got a small weekend porch awning with an end of line air awning

D18B7F6F-6390-4DB1-BB98-903101CE90A9.thumb.jpeg.0cae5bf0ed9777a1176962416430dfec.jpeg

Overall we prefer the non full awning option

9 hours ago, BWT said:

Arra best 

Beetee

As ours is cut front and back we can have it as a large porch or a 3/4 length threaded in to the rail from front or back.  

Edited by Tuningdrew
Typo

I have a Isabella ambassador 850 awning cut down to use as smaller awning, which we have had for about 5 years. However I shall be selling in the spring we are replacing with a new walker porch awning. The one I am selling is in good condition if anyone is interested.

9 hours ago, milkymarsh said:

We have a Cartagena twin axle and use an air ace 400. Plenty of space and don’t have an iasue

ED416E7A-BBC6-49B6-B59D-DEDF964D7BBA.thumb.jpeg.0d25420be279345444bbac4e871d7d79.jpeg

we’ve also just got a small weekend porch awning with an end of line air awning

D18B7F6F-6390-4DB1-BB98-903101CE90A9.thumb.jpeg.0cae5bf0ed9777a1176962416430dfec.jpeg

Overall we prefer the non full awning option

Guy ropes, guy ropes everywhere.   Imagining staggering through that lot after a few sherbets! ;)

1 hour ago, Tuningdrew said:

Guy ropes, guy ropes everywhere.   Imagining staggering through that lot after a few sherbets! ;)

That’s the sun wing we had in France.  Works really well tbh. What it does do though is transform the front, so that rather going in through the side door, you  go in viable front, so the guy ropes aren’t an issue.  

Having two dogs on tethers makes guy ropes a no-no, I fell over them enough times when we had a disastrous dalliance with a Kampa Air awning. This suits us better.

707B4DE6-B011-4FED-A53A-A25DC59FBD71.jpeg

The reason I ask is that we normally use a 390 porch awning but last one didn't fare too well in the last lot of winds. I have 4 awnings sitting around all designed for 2/4 berth vans and our van is a large twin axle Tabbert wanted to know if one of the smaller awnings could be used without lots of modification.  

On 13/12/2017 at 21:02, caravanrescuerob said:

The reason I ask is that we normally use a 390 porch awning but last one didn't fare too well in the last lot of winds. I have 4 awnings sitting around all designed for 2/4 berth vans and our van is a large twin axle Tabbert wanted to know if one of the smaller awnings could be used without lots of modification.  

Shouldn’t be a problem, watch the Isabella video again. You should then be able to decide which one to use. The pole set will be ‘universal’ enough to complete the conversion.