Sign in to follow this  
thesecretcaravanner

Navara Tekna 190 Auto

17 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

The caravan warranty is made up of the component warranties hence why it has a number of different periods of warranty. If a component goes wrong it is cover under the components warranty . If your fridge goes wrong a engineer is called out to inspect it under the component warranty the caravan manufacturer just pass it on . Then if the warranty claim is refused by the component then the caravan manufacturer will refuse the claim .  

How it works .

If the chassis has a problem then you report it to the dealer then the dealer will report it to the caravan manufacturer then they will instruct the dealer to contact the chassis manufacturer and they will send out an engineer . They will fill out a report and report back to the dealer and caravan manufacture if they except the claim or not .

As said it is Alko that would need to except a warranty claim towing with a commercial vehicle for any damage . It not the rear springs it is the type of damage that is usually caused like cracked drawbars and broken front body mounts between the caravan body and chassis .

Dave

So you're telling me that, in the event of me towing a caravan with a towing vehicle expressly approved by the manufacturer, (IN WRITING),  ALKO will over rule Swift and tell them to NOT honour the warranty? I really don't see that standing up in court. Swift said to me that the four man cab version of this vehicle is considered by them to be a passenger variant of a commercial vehicle and is acceptable as a towing vehicle for their caravans without infringing their warranty. Being as I asked the question about a caravan which I already owned, (and they were aware of), and a towing vehicle which I was preparing to buy brand new and the decision whether to purchase said vehicle depended on their response, I really don't see an organisation as large as Swift telling me to go ahead and buy it, in writing, if they were then unsure that they were going to accept liability for their decision, do you?

Mike.

On 11/28/2017 at 22:54, thesecretcaravanner said:

Sounds crazy to me, I realise as it's a company car noone I speak to at a dealership will be getting any comission but surely 90% of all new cars go to company car drivers?

Simple, just dont tell them its for a company car. When looking for my new company cars I just go in say i am a cash buyer.   When they try and sit you down and talk about money i justsay i am considering X Y Z cars from different brands, which ever one i like the best i will then come in and negotiate the deal after i know which one i want. You will get a phone call a few days later chasing and i just tell them i like a different car better and bought it. .....dont do that though if you are going to use that garage for servicing and repairs of the company car just be honest with them then.

Edited by tom_1989

Sales People in a Dealership are paid an extremely low basic wage, they have to sell vehicles to earn a commission. I am in the Motor Trade myself, no one in their right mind would wish to waste hours of their time test driving people who have to intention of buying when that time could be better spent speaking with genuine customers.  

All the various franchises I have worked for have dedicated Company Car Departments where extended test drives are offered, often up to 3 days vehicle loan! Simply ask your Purchasing Dept to arrange, it's very simple!!

• Like 1

I have given up,Nissan booked me a test drive eventually, when I checked the details after showing up at my local dealer I noticed it was booked in Portsmouth 400 miles away! :)

Anyone want to sell me a 40 k car?

Anyone?

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:40, PWoodley said:

Sales People in a Dealership are paid an extremely low basic wage, they have to sell vehicles to earn a commission. I am in the Motor Trade myself, no one in their right mind would wish to waste hours of their time test driving people who have to intention of buying when that time could be better spent speaking with genuine customers.  

All the various franchises I have worked for have dedicated Company Car Departments where extended test drives are offered, often up to 3 days vehicle loan! Simply ask your Purchasing Dept to arrange, it's very simple!!

Why do salesmen often ignore customers in sales room ?  I've had this a few times along with others.

Sometimes i get the impression that they just aren't interested in a sale.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xtrailman said:

Why do salesmen often ignore customers in sales room ?  I've had this a few times along with others.

We have been looking at a replacement for the Kia when it's contract finished in February. X-trail was on our list and we popped into our local dealer for a look. After 10 minutes of being studiously ignored by 3 salesmen while we clambered all over the showroom car we left.   VW Tiguan on the way.

Even worse is when you want a car and the sales person you don't like and do not want to deal with is the only one available.   Result is that we still have the same vehicle a year later.   :D

On 03/12/2017 at 08:14, xtrailman said:

No Excuse for that i,m afraid!

Some customers do prefer to be left to browse alone but nothing wrong with a the sales person offering a quick hello & offering of help as and when needed

• Like 1

330e Msport ordered, it's just like a Navara. ............................;)

On 22/12/2017 at 15:38, thesecretcaravanner said:

330e Msport ordered, it's just like a Navara. ............................;)

Shame, we almost got you back from the dark side 😊