Hyundai Tucson wiring harness

I've been having problems with the towbar wiring harness. It keeps triping  the blind spot detection alarm  even when I turn it off and I am trying to see if anyone else has had this problem. I'm wondering if a dedicated wiring harness would stop this and also turn off the rear parking sensors. It was fitted at a Hyundai dealership they are telling me they can do no more so I need to  see if what they say is correct, they said it is a dedicated harness.  

Thanks

Every car I’ve had before has had a dedicated wiring harness that managed to turn off the rear sensors  etc but sadly our 16 plate Tucson still beeps merrily when reversing the van, at the end of the day I decided that the amount of time I spend going backwards is fairly small and as it’s leased I couldn’t be bothered doing anything about it! Pity you can’t just turn them off like I can in the X5.

frontend, my Sorento is fitted with blind spot detection and has dedicated wiring. I had to switch the system off as it went into alarm due to it sensing the caravan as an overtaking vehicle. Even with it switched off the warning lights on the mirrors still activated, although the audible warning stayed silent.

David

Edited by Seaman
Typo

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

15 hours ago, frontend said:

I've been having problems with the towbar wiring harness. It keeps triping  the blind spot detection alarm  even when I turn it off and I am trying to see if anyone else has had this problem. I'm wondering if a dedicated wiring harness would stop this and also turn off the rear parking sensors. It was fitted at a Hyundai dealership they are telling me they can do no more so I need to  see if what they say is correct, they said it is a dedicated harness.  

Thanks

The rear parking sensors can be turned off manually on my 2017 Tucson which doesn't have BSD and dedicated tow bar wiring disables them automatically when coupled up.

Did the HY dealer fit the tow bar and wiring or was it farmed out as is usually the case?

Thanks for  your replies .    The dealer sent me a fault form to fill in and i should know the results and whats to be done if anything tomorrow  fingers crossed .

On 08/11/2017 at 22:13, sleepyfolk said:

Every car I’ve had before has had a dedicated wiring harness that managed to turn off the rear sensors  etc but sadly our 16 plate Tucson still beeps merrily when reversing the van, at the end of the day I decided that the amount of time I spend going backwards is fairly small and as it’s leased I couldn’t be bothered doing anything about it! Pity you can’t just turn them off like I can in the X5.

Until my present car, all used a universal loom - but like you, I spend so little time in reverse when the caravan is attached it's simply not an issue - indeed it's a bonus reminder that I've got something attached at the back!

Modern cars though must have a dedicated loom, IMO - to get the correct settings for ESP, the smart alternator and stop-start - managing the rear parking sensors is a minor bonus.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

4 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

Until my present car, all used a universal loom - but like you, I spend so little time in reverse when the caravan is attached it's simply not an issue - indeed it's a bonus reminder that I've got something attached at the back!

Modern cars though must have a dedicated loom, IMO - to get the correct settings for ESP, the smart alternator and stop-start - managing the rear parking sensors is a minor bonus.

AND. ..........change gearbox parameters, disable vehicle rear fogs, give intelligent messages on bulb failure, link in to the vehicle alarm and much, much more.

It must be some sort of Hyundai issue if both myself and the OP have had dedicated wiring fitted and it fails to turn off the blind spot/parking sensors,  I’m getting kind of used to weird beeps in reverse, my X5 parking sensors sound like Jean Michel Jarre is sat in the back sometimes😝

My Sorento has an aftermarket towbar with dedicated wiring loom. I get a message telling me that the BSD system is being temporarily disabled when I attach the caravan.

2016 Coachman VIP 575/4: 2018 Kia Sorento GT Line S.

This sounds like the rear sensors are a aftermarket option that is not controlled by the CPU and they usually fit a towing socket with a micro switch  which turns the rear sensors off when the plug is attached or it has not been coded .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

On 08/11/2017 at 22:13, sleepyfolk said:

A don't know about the Tuscon, but the official wiring kit for the Sorento allows the fitter to select whether the reversing sensors are disabled or not by programming the ECU.   My dealer left them enabled which is fine with me - I can turn them off on the dash.

On the Hyundai Santa Fe l switch the mirror blind spot alarm off and the rear parking sensors, If l don't the mirror blind spot sensors cancel them selves after a few miles and the amber warning light appears, for some reason it appears when l have turned them off not sure why unless its a warning the system is isolated

Heethers
Lunar Clubman SB
07 ShogunSWB