Jump to content

Caravan club car offer?


Recommended Posts

I can find the Subaru offer of "free" towbars in the Mag, but nothing else that I can find.   Anyone spotted anything? 

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you asked a dealer?

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dealers have their offers which might also be better than the CC. But short of going round every dealer and finding someone who knows anything I thought of asking here.

I have found dealers totally ignorant in regards to caravan towing.   They always quote the inflated manufacturers max towing weight, and asking if the skinny spare can be used for towing usually is met with a blank stare.

An Hyundai dealer suddenly said out of the blue "are you a member of the Natural Trust" and offered £6500 off a Santa Fe.  

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017

Link to post
Share on other sites

The offer is shown on the Offers page of the CAMC website. You just have to show your membership card to the dealer to get the offer.

Some people are just all show. I don't mind that if the show is worth watching, but . ..

 

The Chinster

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrankBullet said:

Most of the deals are similar to those that can be negotiated anyway, but it’s simpler for those who don’t like to kick tyres and play the Long game!

I didn't have to do any tyre-kicking when I went for a new Volvo 3 years ago . . . I asked for the CC discount, the salesman gave me the revised figure, and then offered me another £750 off . . . plus free removable towbar plus electrics!

John

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Johnaldo said:

I didn't have to do any tyre-kicking when I went for a new Volvo 3 years ago . . . I asked for the CC discount, the salesman gave me the revised figure, and then offered me another £750 off . . . plus free removable towbar plus electrics!

John

When we bought Hyundai Tucson new  this year we negotiated very good deal,then salesman said if you are cmc members I can do even better on affinity scheme,result was we had another £2820. 00 taken off!

this is an excellent main dealer who we have bought three cars from in recent years,wish more caravan dealers were as good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have used the Volvo deal twice now.

 

Have had money off over and above dealer discounts, free metallic and free servicing . .. this time round also a free towbar.

 

Well worth it IMHO.

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FrankBullet said:

Most of the deals are similar to those that can be negotiated anyway, but it’s simpler for those who don’t like to kick tyres and play the Long game!

About the same as the best negotiated discount from a Retail Dealer - but going through an on-line broker (some are reputable!)  who often use Fleet dealer departments, it's often possible to get another 10%+ discount - that can work out as a high cost for simplicity.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pheasant said:

When we bought Hyundai Tucson new  this year we negotiated very good deal,then salesman said if you are cmc members I can do even better on affinity scheme,result was we had another £2820. 00 taken off!

this is an excellent main dealer who we have bought three cars from in recent years,wish more caravan dealers were as good.

If they matched the CMC discount with another £2800 off then the original deal really wasn’t as good as you think - a quick search of the web through the usual brokers has figures below the CMC discount.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When we changes my Wife's car for a new Astra the salesman asked if she was entitled to a pension, she said yes, and he knocked off £4500

Les

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FrankBullet said:

If they matched the CMC discount with another £2800 off then the original deal really wasn’t as good as you think - a quick search of the web through the usual brokers has figures below the CMC discount.

I checked those brokers sites and there really wasn’t very much in the discount price and the dealer bottom price,plus an excellent partex,then another £2820, plus the fact my dealer is only four miles away,gives excellent after sales service,I’ve tested them over the last four years,

i am more than happy,to me the service I get,on my doorstep,a few hundred pounds,that’s all it was,simply isn’t worth it.

I know the salesman personally and he told me the net profit margin on my sale was just over £400. 00,I believe him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pheasant said:

I checked those brokers sites and there really wasn’t very much in the discount price and the dealer bottom price,plus an excellent partex,then another £2820, plus the fact my dealer is only four miles away,gives excellent after sales service,I’ve tested them over the last four years,

i am more than happy,to me the service I get,on my doorstep,a few hundred pounds,that’s all it was,simply isn’t worth it.

I know the salesman personally and he told me the net profit margin on my sale was just over £400. 00,I believe him.

It does vary by brand - and price of car.

Unlike caravans, buying from a distant car dealer isn't a real issue - my local VW dealer has been more than happy to take on my servicing and warranty work - already arranging an excellent goodwill package for my one troublesome component, way beyond what CRA would have given me against the supplying dealer.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...