E And P self level.

Prbably not just relating to Elddis, I am now on my 3rd remote for the self level and today it has gone faulty again. Only this time it going to have to go thru Elddis. As theyve changed there system with warranty repairs Everything has to go thru a portal. Where as before i just telphoned e and p and spoke to them. now they say i have to ask dealer to submit a claim and then it will be sent to Elddis  and then sent to e and p and then the ball starts rolling. Bit long winded, but thats the process now. So are we going backwards or forwards with relationships. Dealers have there hands tied as there selling the product but the backup now is a drawn out one.

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

The remote looses it pairing to the main board. Even if you try to re pair the remote it wont pair up. Not to do with batteries etc as the 2nd 1 lasted about 3 weeks. The main board works ok. its just the remote.

• Thanks 1

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

Never use my remote because it’s stored inside the van and it is easier to just stand in the doorway.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

2 hours ago, IanV8 said:

Never use my remote because it’s stored inside the van and it is easier to just stand in the doorway.

Ian

Same here. Remote is just another thing to put down and stand on/lose:) I just open the van door and press the auto button and stand back and watch.

BMW X6 M50D + Buccaneer Schooner 2017

I use the hand set all the time mainly because it draws more attention to me having self  leveling :D.

But seriously not had a problem with it. Coming up to a year old. I do hope I've not jinxed it.

• Haha 1

I use it to put legs down manually when on drive as 1 leg just sits on a small wall. so reversing with motormover and alignng is easier 

I like to use the remote  when on uneven ground, as you can monitor where packers are required/positioned.  

Use the remote all the time, great for watching what is going on and when the wheels are clear of the ground to fit the locks. It does get stored in the car just in case, you never know, the baddies may use it if it's in the van, Thinking I may even disable power to the doorway panel.

• Like 1

I use remote on manual as I like to stop the steadies just before ground contact and slip pieces of wood under them, especially on gravel as I can't stand the graunching sound as the foot slides. Just me I'm afraid.

The remote is excellent and never loses contact with the base station. After 3 remotes going West I'd be suspicious of a more general system fault such as the stub antenna connection on the base unit or some other internal system problem with the receiver/decoder. I've not studied the internals of the E&P but my electronics/system background inclines me to think 3 remotes with the same problem is unlikely.  

• Like 1

. .....still feel like that some days. :) But not when D4 is hooked up to Commodore.

Our caravan is on a seasonal pitch so generally speaking, the levelling system is deployed all the time although every couple of weeks i do stow the system and then re-deploy it and always with the remote so i can see what is happening.  My only complaint is that it does go through the batteries, on the 3rd battery in 10 months.

Alan

Buccaneer Cruiser 2017 - Jeep Grand Cherokee

One day i hope to have enough money to live the life my wife lives.

43 minutes ago, WelshAl said:

Our caravan is on a seasonal pitch so generally speaking, the levelling system is deployed all the time although every couple of weeks i do stow the system and then re-deploy it and always with the remote so i can see what is happening.  My only complaint is that it does go through the batteries, on the 3rd battery in 10 months.

Alan

We toured with our 2016 and battery had to be replaced twice however we had two remotes in that period of time as the one the back cover kept falling off.

I cant get the remote to last long enough to need to change batteries.

Now on our 4th. when speaking to e and p they just said unfortunatly its a duff hand set. i ask about the main system and they said no it wont be the main box. So i just re bound it to the van again and straight away all is working correctly.

On 08/11/2017 at 12:34, WelshAl said:

Alan

Same set of batteries that it came with. About a year old.

It's the dealers problem to put right not yours if you have an issue . You should contact your dealer and ask what actions he is taking to put the problem right and he has 7 days to reply or you will be taking other action .

These dealers seem to thing they can measure repairs in months instead of days .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

3 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

It's the dealers problem to put right not yours if you have an issue . You should contact your dealer and ask what actions he is taking to put the problem right and he has 7 days to reply or you will be taking other action .

These dealers seem to thing they can measure repairs in months instead of days .

Dave

Although you are correct, I think that E&P prefer you to contact them direct if you have a problem.   They are very helpful and obliging and will go through the process step by step to check an issue.   When we had a minor issue with our remote, basically they told us to bypass the dealer and send it direct to them.

Yrs this Was correct initially. but Elddis/bummer have tighten there belt. and nothing can be done without going thru there portal now. e and p had to ring dealer for them to submit a claim. then e and p had to ring Elddis to see if a claim was submitted and get a claim number . then they was able to send out a new remote. Its there new system and all claims have to go thru the portal. same as IF told me 2 weeks ago. and teleco this week for a Ariel rubber

11 hours ago, smino0_1 said:

Yrs this Was correct initially. but Elddis/bummer have tighten there belt. and nothing can be done without going thru there portal now. e and p had to ring dealer for them to submit a claim. then e and p had to ring Elddis to see if a claim was submitted and get a claim number . then they was able to send out a new remote. Its there new system and all claims have to go thru the portal. same as IF told me 2 weeks ago. and teleco this week for a Ariel rubber

In one way it is good as it is demonstrating to Elddis that the goods from 3rd parties are faulty and they can then lean on the 3rd party to improve the quality of the goods.

On 09/11/2017 at 22:57, CraigP2005 said:

Same set of batteries that it came with. About a year old.

Ours uses a single 9v battery, based on your description - does yours use a different arrangement?

Alan

Buccaneer Cruiser 2017 - Jeep Grand Cherokee

One day i hope to have enough money to live the life my wife lives.