Sign in to follow this  
chrisheg

Brittany Ferries - Plymouth to Santander

Hi.   

We are looking at booking a ferry from Plymouth to Santander next Spring and returning from St Malo to Portsmouth.

It has been suggested to me that I should get a discount code - Can anyone advise me how I get one?

Thanks

Chrisheg

Whatever you do, do it by PM. Don't display any discount codes on an open forum. Best of luck.

If you borrow someone else’s code,I think you would save about £25. 00 that’s all I seemed achieve.

i only used friends code once,then it seemed to be blocked.

if you buy a discount code from Brittany Ferries,I believe it only worth it if you cross over the same route more than once a year,others will tell me that’s wrong.

Just now, Pheasant said:

If you borrow someone else’s code,I think you would save about £25. 00 that’s all I seemed achieve.

i only used friends code once,then it seemed to be blocked.

if you buy a discount code from Brittany Ferries,I believe it only worth it if you cross over the same route more than once a year,others will tell me that’s wrong.

To get code,contact Brittany Ferries direct.

Hi to get the discount you have to become a frequent travellerand this costs in the region of £100 this is per year so you would need to make several trips on the ship to benifit from the discount, if you are doimg say 3 trips per yearthen its worth buying otherwise not, but you could always ask Britanny Ferries if they have any special offers.

David.

1 hour ago, chrisheg said:

It has been suggested to me that I should get a discount code - Can anyone advise me how I get one?

There are two different discounts achievable.    A discount from your own membership or a discount on a 'friend's' membership.    To become a member yourself you need to join Club Voyage.    It will cost you a joining fee and you'll probably be out of pocket in the first year.    The more trips you do in the 2nd year, the more you'll save.    But you either join for Spain or for France.    The other method of gaining a discount is to use a friend (you could ask members of this forum to PM you if they have an available membership number - there's a limit to the number of friends they can have.    On my return sailing this year which has a full price of £710,  I'll save around £40  with a friends discount.

Edited by Jaydug

As a guest of a club member you will get up to 10% of the travel cost (but nothing off accommodation or other extras. It may not sound much but it's usually better than the clubs (CAMC or CACC) will offer you, and they want the balance paying in full much earlier than Brittany Ferries. Try searching on here and you will probably find a BF club member willing to let you use their number.

Best deals with BF seem to be through the CMC

7 minutes ago, MalH said:

Best deals with BF seem to be through the CMC

Not always.    CMC's quote for me three years ago was more than the BF website.    Since then I've always been someone's friend.

1 hour ago, Jaydug said:

Not always.    CMC's quote for me three years ago was more than the BF website.    Since then I've always been someone's friend.

But the CMC deals include  x no of Camping Cheques that are worth a fair bit, even if you just flog them on here!

Its 10%. you will need a "friend" on here. My friend saved me £85. 00  so imo well worth having.

2 hours ago, Malc Edge said:

Its 10%.

If you click the link which I put in post No 6 (Why have they taken the post numbers away?)  the BF website says that they give "up to 10%.   In the five years that I've been using  membership numbers owned by three different members  I've had on average between 6&7%   Take my current booking - Return fare is £710.    Deduct the accommodation of £125 - leaves £585.    I received £39. 40 discount on the £585 fare which makes a discount of 6. 74%.     However, I'm not complaining.     As Mr T says, "Every little helps." 

• Like 1

When we used this route in 2016 I worked out that even with the joining fee we saved enough with Club Voyage to make it financially viable. I'm afraid I've deleted the spreadsheet I created but when taking into account meal and cabin discounts etc we saved a net £100 or so. It was still over £1,000 so not cheap. ....

TBH I think the use of "friend" to cover a nodding acquaintance on a forum is pushing it a bit and if I were Brittany Ferries I'd be looking at removing that facility.

23 minutes ago, iansoady said:

When we used this route in 2016 I worked out that even with the joining fee we saved enough with Club Voyage to make it financially viable. I'm afraid I've deleted the spreadsheet I created but when taking into account meal and cabin discounts etc we saved a net £100 or so. It was still over £1,000 so not cheap. ....

TBH I think the use of "friend" to cover a nodding acquaintance on a forum is pushing it a bit and if I were Brittany Ferries I'd be looking at removing that facility.

We did the same comparing using CC and paying for Club Voyage membership.   The first year was expensive but we still saved making it viable over the CC.   The second year beats CC hands down plus the "free" brekkie and being able to change the dates without incurring a fee.

This is the first year we have used Club Voyage at cost of £220 including the joining fee, our cost so far are outward trip £559. 00 less a saving of £148. 20. Return £572. 00 less a savings of £122. 70 plus good savings on breakfast & dinner. The first year is expensive but you still make savings.

Looking at prices for next April for a BF Plymouth-Santander return BF price is £1143 and Caravan Club £1055 which seems to be a better net saving than Club Voyage.

Does that price of £1055 reduce, Allan, if you buy Site Vouchers from the Caravan Club?

2 hours ago, ValA said:

Does that price of £1055 reduce, Allan, if you buy Site Vouchers from the Caravan Club?

Hi Val, apologies for not being clearer,the price of £1055 is the price with  vouchers. The price without is the same as the BF price, £1143.

Wow ! £1143. ...The two of us can fly back to Bali for less than that.

IMG_0172.JPG

Oh look, there goes moorgate!!

plane_trailer.jpg

• Like 3