A question for Elddis

Hi,

I am posting here as i know that Elddis monitor this forum and i am hoping that they can offer some advice / help.

We bought and collected a new 2017 Cruiser in February and shortly after noticed that the inner face of the outside off-side vertical storage door was damaged.  This was reported to the dealer shortly after.  Following failed attempts to repair the door by replacing the damaged past on the inside of the door, it was agreed that the only way ahead was to replace the complete door.  A couple of weeks ago, my dealer contacted me to tell me that, finally, the replacement door had turned up.  On collection, we commented that it looked a bit lighter in colour but was assured that it was correct - we should have checked it against another Buccaneer, not sure why we didn't.

So this weekend, we were at our caravan (seasonal pitch) and went to fit the replacement door and guess what, it's a different colour (see photo).  This issue has taken 8 months and so I am starting to get a bit frustated with our dealer, partly because of this and other issues as well.  So i am hoping that Elddis can help with some information please?  Maybe a part number?  It's for a 2017 Cruiser, i can provide the CRiS Number on request via PM if needed.

To be fair to the dealer, the label on the replacement unit is exactly the same as that on the original unit with the exception of the last number which I think maybe a serial number?

Appreciate any help / advice.

Regards

Alan

image1.jpeg

Buccaneer Cruiser 2017 - Jeep Grand Cherokee

One day i hope to have enough money to live the life my wife lives.

I would suggest that contacting Elddis direct would be a better way than hoping they monitor this forum, though your first port of call is the dealer who you bought it off.

Have you discussed this problem with the dealer?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I would write to dealer and copy it to Customer Services at Elddis. ..

We had a Swift where a replacement part was the difference between white and ivory. ....after 6 months it looked the same.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

How long had you had the van before you reported this ? Can the inside of the new 1 be put onto the existing 1,or vice versa?

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

6 hours ago, WispMan said:

I would suggest that contacting Elddis direct would be a better way than hoping they monitor this forum, though your first port of call is the dealer who you bought it off.

Have you discussed this problem with the dealer?

WispMan,

I am tired of trying to get this sorted through my dealer, its been 8 months since i first reported this and i posted here as i wanted to include the photograph.

Alan

3 hours ago, shipbroker said:

I would write to dealer and copy it to Customer Services at Elddis. ..

We had a Swift where a replacement part was the difference between white and ivory. ....after 6 months it looked the same.

geoff

Shipbroker,

Last chance for the dealer, if it doesn't get resolved then it will be in writing.  This isn't a subtle difference in shade, when placed up against the Cruiser it looks almost white.  I returned the replacement door to the dealer today and happened to find the owner / MD who suggested it might be a batch issue until i showed him the replacement door up against a Cruiser they have in their showroom - 'Oh, that's not the right door!'.  We'll see what happens now.  TBH, if it had been just the wrong door, i wouldn't have minded, its the fact that it's taken 8 months so far and i am tired of all the excuses.

The foam in the front seats was failing as has been experienced by others and commented on on this forum.  We reported this in June.  We eventually got approval to get them repaired in September so i took them down to the dealer end of September.  Three weeks later we had to go into the dealer to collect the replacement door and guess what, our cushions were still there in exactly the same place i had put them in 3 weeks earlier!   And then we had plastic bags sent to our home address from Leisure Furnishings but the dealer was adamant that they were going to collected from them.  Then i had a text to say that DPD were going to collect our cushions on a certain date - checked with the dealer, yes they are being collected from the dealer, then on the day of collection i had a text to say that DPD would collect our cushions between 12:30 and 13:30, rang the dealer, yes - ignore that text, they are being collected from us (the dealer), 12:30 DPD turns up at our house to collect the cushions.  Driver knew nothing about collecting from the dealer.  I collected the cushions from the dealer and contacted Leisure Furnishings directly, collect the same day and now just waiting to be informed that they are ready for returning.

Not been a happy time buying the  Cruiser, next van will be from a different dealer.

Alan

1 hour ago, smino0_1 said:

How long had you had the van before you reported this ? Can the inside of the new 1 be put onto the existing 1,or vice versa?

A week or so.  No, it's all bonded / gripped so not possible without breaking it.

Alan

Hi Alan. Is it the way that you are holding the panel  or are the two frames different lengths ?

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

1 hour ago, AWanderingLancastrian said:

Hi Alan. Is it the way that you are holding the panel  or are the two frames different lengths ?

AWL,

No, it's the correct door, it's probably looks bigger because the replacement door come complete with the frame that fits into the caravan.  The door itself is exactly the right size etc, just the wrong colour, i did fit it just to make sure.  The photo attached shows it fitted.

Alan

IMG_0693.JPG

Hi again Alan. Is your caravan a Grey Sided variant ?  From where I am looking it very definitely does look like the one that you have received is White and that will not look right in any amount of time if your caravan has Grey as the side panels.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Well if the complaint was made within the first 30 days it can go back to dealer under cra 2015. no quibbles and i think a just would be very considerate your way if youve also given them 8 months to sort it.

Give your dealer a written letter with your intentions of

either repair is satisfactory with 14 days or you will be rejecting the caravan. But you must have something to show a complaint with the 30 days. if not then the cra covers you upto 6 months for a satifactory repair which will then cover the repair for 6 years for warranty. but you must hae some form of written compaint within the first 6 months.

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

12 hours ago, AWanderingLancastrian said:

Hi again Alan. Is your caravan a Grey Sided variant ?  From where I am looking it very definitely does look like the one that you have received is White and that will not look right in any amount of time if your caravan has Grey as the side panels.

AWL,

Yes, our caravan is grey sided.  When we were down the dealers, we tired the replacement door up against a Avante and it was a much better colour match though still not perfect.

Alan

11 hours ago, smino0_1 said:

Well if the complaint was made within the first 30 days it can go back to dealer under cra 2015. no quibbles and i think a just would be very considerate your way if youve also given them 8 months to sort it.

Give your dealer a written letter with your intentions of

either repair is satisfactory with 14 days or you will be rejecting the caravan. But you must have something to show a complaint with the 30 days. if not then the cra covers you upto 6 months for a satifactory repair which will then cover the repair for 6 years for warranty. but you must hae some form of written compaint within the first 6 months.

smino0_1,

Don't particularly  want to go down that route, we like the van and the problem with the door doesn't affect the van in any way but it was a new caravan and it was broken, all i want is for it to be corrected.  This is our 3rd new caravan from this dealer, based on the service these last 8 months, probably our last.

Alan

It wouldnt take long or cost a lot the dealer to paint it the proper colour, it would be a lot cheaper than losing future sales from you and your friends.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I was told by a consumer solicitor that if you report a defect within the first 30 days the time limit is suspended until the issue is resolved.   In effect your caravan is still under the 30 day rejection period so no need to give them a chance for repair if you are intent on rejection.

I wonder if the colour of your door is for the earlier (grp sided) Buccaneers such as our 2014 model which I think are a lighter grey than your later (and aluminium sided) models, could this be where the confusion is re right caravan but wrong colour ie Buccaneer yes but wrong year?

Powrtouch AWD Movers. E & P Compact Levelling System.