Sign in to follow this  
german in the blood

New models

It must be a first for me to start a topic, but here goes.

A little while ago we went to Raymond james to have a look at next years models, After looking In a few different makes can't remember which one, but it had the Alde heating pipes quarter of the way up the wall, Opposite the transverse bed, was not impressed it looked out of place, ours runs just above the floor.

It seems the long front seating has got smaller by most British makers to make way for everything else, that's one thing I liked about British vans. The drawers on some makes didn't go in and out very well either.

Adria models still don't have that luxury about them on the inside even on the Alpina, another annoying thing with adria is that they are 230mm short of the maximum body length, which is a shame.

So to sum up my opinions I am biased towards Adria having owned one for 12years but now own a Swift built Bessacarr, Yes they are worlds apart in luxury, but will have faults and cost over £30 grand.

I cannot afford that even if I could I wouldn't buy one though Wife has different opinion.

How do others view what's good value and a quality made product.

Some manufacturers put the pipes on the floor and some just a short way up.   The idea being that it gives a bit more foot room on the floor, placing the pipes at ankle level where the leg is thinnest.    With the size of my feet SWMBO thinks it's a good idea.   :D

On 27/10/2017 at 14:17, german in the blood said:

It must be a first for me to start a topic, but here goes.

A little while ago we went to Raymond james to have a look at next years models, After looking In a few different makes can't remember which one, but it had the Alde heating pipes quarter of the way up the wall, Opposite the transverse bed, was not impressed it looked out of place, ours runs just above the floor.

It seems the long front seating has got smaller by most British makers to make way for everything else, that's one thing I liked about British vans. The drawers on some makes didn't go in and out very well either.

Adria models still don't have that luxury about them on the inside even on the Alpina, another annoying thing with adria is that they are 230mm short of the maximum body length, which is a shame.

So to sum up my opinions I am biased towards Adria having owned one for 12years but now own a Swift built Bessacarr, Yes they are worlds apart in luxury, but will have faults and cost over £30 grand.

I cannot afford that even if I could I wouldn't buy one though Wife has different opinion.

How do others view what's good value and a quality made product.

I'm not sure what you mean by luxury or what your point is about Adria being 230mm short?

I'll admit to being slightly biased towards the Adria brand but I think our Isonzo is a well built van with a great layout, I'll be first to admit that at the dealer the interior is a bit stark but the neutral grey/beige interior has allowed us to personalise the van with our favourite colour throws and cushions and some interior graphics.

I was looking at the latest Coachman & Bailey caravans this morning and the current trend of a central door into the bathroom is a bit claustrophobic in the lounge area.

Sign in to follow this