Sign in to follow this  
Arnie

Storing aquaroll when traveling in a Cadiz

As the title says, those withe a Cadiz, do you store aquaroll & wastemaster under one of the fixed beds when travelling?

We put the Aquaroll and Wastemaster together in the shower. They fit in easily but support each other and can't move about. It means you don't have to wrestle the bed to get them out, just lift them.

Nearside bed has camping chairs and EHU cables. Offside has Remoska, dog towels, collapsed folding crates, folding rotary clothes dryer and various odds and ends.

4 minutes ago, Steamdrivenandy said:

We put the Aquaroll and Wastemaster together in the shower. They fit in easily but support each other and can't move about. It means you don't have to wrestle the bed to get them out, just lift them.

Nearside bed has camping chairs and EHU cables. Offside has Remoska, dog towels, collapsed folding crates, folding rotary clothes dryer and various odds and ends.

I fear that the shower tray will crack,

One hasn't yet and it takes 110kg of me regularly standing on one leg. 12kg of plastic spread about over a wide area and slightly padded by the blue shower mat isn't going to be an issue.

• Like 1

We store ours in the shower too. No issues, and as Andy says, they support each other. We also store our bin for the awning there too.

we put our chairs under the bed

What I should have asked was . . will 2 aquarolls & a wastemaster fit under 1 bed ?

Our aquaroll & wastemaster also travel in the shower, sitting on the blue mat with a cushion wedged in to stop them sliding about - not had a problem. The offside underbed has tinned food,beer, spare bedding and towels. The nearside has the awning pegs, toolbox, EHU cable and a few other odds  n'sods. We keep stuff in crates to stop it all sliding about.

4 minutes ago, Arnie said:

What I should have asked was . . will 2 aquarolls & a wastemaster fit under 1 bed ?

Dunno cos that's not how we store or travel with them:unsure:

• I do not understand 1

We also put our wastemaster and aquarolls in the shower so far had no issues. Advantage with putting them in the shower is if the get muddy you can hose them down and pop them straight in and not worry about drying them.

I have a Pursuit 550-4 which is basically same.  

I travel with Aquaroll under rear offside bed, as far forward as possible.
I don't find it a particular struggle getting the Aquaroll out.
Wastemaster laid down on floor between rear beds, secured with a bungee.

Folding chairs, odds n ends and dog bed under the front of the rear nearside bed.
I don't like loads of clothes swinging about in the rear wardrobe either, so they get laid neatly on bed whilst travelling.

Not a big deal I know, but happy I have as much of the van load nearer to axle than not.
Works for us, nicely balanced, nose-weight spot on and consistent every time out.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tom_1989 said:

We also put our wastemaster and aquarolls in the shower so far had no issues. Advantage with putting them in the shower is if the get muddy you can hose them down and pop them straight in and not worry about drying them.

My aquarolls & wastemaster are in waterproof bags from bags for everything, dirt isn’t an issue.

Wastemaster under one bed,  Aquaroll under the other.

• Like 1

I have always travelled with my empty Aquaroll in my shower on top of the blue mat, and it seemed to be fine, but I have recently noticed some cracks in the shower tray. I hadn't thought that the Aquaroll would damage the tray, and I am not certain this is the cause. We hardly use the shower for showering. When I have the shower tray replaced I won't put the Aquaroll in it to travel again in case it has caused it. I haven't decided where the Aquaroll will travel instead. I had thought that an empty Aquaroll was much lighter than a person, but perhaps it bumps around a bit as we travel.

• Like 1

I store mine in the shed at home - been there for years.  Great big cumbersome things, aren't they,  and so much easier to travel without them as our continental friends do.  

6 minutes ago, moorgate said:

I store mine in the shed at home - been there for years.  Great big cumbersome things, aren't they,  and so much easier to travel without them as our continental friends do.  

All very well, until you want to do the washing up!

1 hour ago, Arnie said:

Try it?  I assume you've got the caravan and the aqua rolls/wastemaster. Thats what we did with ours. Fiddled around until we found the best solution for our caravan. Various stuff, spare wheel, bedding, towels, telly etc lives under the double bed and the aqua roll lives in the shower. If we need to take the wastemaster, (we use fully serviced pitches whenever we can), it lives on the floor between the front seats and under the caravan when on site.

Mike.

We have a Vigo,the wastemaster minus wheels fits in the underbed wet locker,wheels alongside

. Aquarolls in plastic bags sit at the front between benches along with a waste bin for awning which holds tollet fluids when travelling.

10 minutes ago, Townie said:

Try it?  I assume you've got the caravan and the aqua rolls/wastemaster. Thats what we did with ours. Fiddled around until we found the best solution for our caravan. Various stuff, spare wheel, bedding, towels, telly etc lives under the double bed and the aqua roll lives in the shower. If we need to take the wastemaster, (we use fully serviced pitches whenever we can), it lives on the floor between the front seats and under the caravan when on site.

Mike.

I don’t have the van yet, that’s why I asked the question.

6 minutes ago, Arnie said:

I see.  I can only suggest that the aqua rolls and wastemaster can live on the floor when travelling if they won't fit under the bed, and then outside the caravan doing their job when on site.

Mike.

Another vote for the shower.

We use those 60cm square sponge rubber tiles (as used on the floor in the awning) as padding and also cut one to shape to fit the shower tray.   Aquaroll is bagged so no issue with grime.  Wastemaster can stand up next to the aquaroll but we've also kept that under the french bed as it lays flat.

2 hours ago, Les Medes said:

I fear that the shower tray will crack,

Don't quite follow this Les. I'm 14 stone, (can't be doing with these kilogram things), and I shower every day when on site. The tray hasn't cracked yet. Why would an empty plastic barrel cause it to crack?

Mike.

Back of the car in fitted bags. ..

In our Cordoba (basically a longer Cadiz), both aquarolls and the wastemaster go on the floor at the front, in bags. Four folding chairs and the table stand on edge on the floor betwwen the beds at the back, and the awning and Cadac go on the floor in front of the fridge/oven.

2 hours ago, Arnie said:

Anywhere except the shower would be my choice.

With my nose heavy Unicorn I laid both rolls upright strapped together in the shower room, not the shower.

With my swift they travel strapped together either up front between the bunks, or under the bed, depending on whether we take the bikes.

We also store ours in the shower, its a swift built bessacarr.

So it seems most store this way, but the shower tray cracking this is a debate for a new topic ?